Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I do not wish to be an alarmist... or pro or con gov-ment.

with all the closings.. stay in-doors... forced control of behavior for the sake of Human health.
" Social Distancing "

looks a little like Big-Brother taking over.. our lives and choices.

I am NOT saying this pandemic is false..
but look at it as "IF" it is OR as an exercise for the real takeover..

our man in the white house.. has been less then truthful over some of this.

Your Opinions are Welcome

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
"State of Emergency" has been implemented here locally. Some states are leading the vanguard, and Pa. won't be far behind. This means you WILL be stopped on the public roads, and you better have a damn good reason to be out there, i.e. going to Dr. appointments, emergency rooms, food shopping. This is one step away from full martial law.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
To put this in the right thread, I have copied this over from the asteroid thread.

At this point in time, the death toll is less than 600 in the entire U.S. Every year the common flu death toll is usually higher than where we are now by several times with the Corona virus, and we are killing the economy over this. And who stands to benefit from this????? China, where this all started!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
I heard this on the radio within the last couple of days about the possible source of COVID-19, I don't know who said it but it sounds like Bull Droppings to me. The statement was that in Wuhan's Huanan Seafood Market a chicken that had been bitten by a bat was purchased and eaten by someone and that's how this all started...……………. really????……………..that's the best story they could come up with!!!!!!! I'll give you odds that that is not how this started!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
Just announced on our local newscast, the first confirmed case in our County.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,263 Posts
We know it came from a bat through an intermediate animal. Probably never know the exact origin though. Hopefully just the one and not more animals carrying it. We are far from the peak of this thing in the US.

·
Super Moderator
9,739 Posts
Stay alert for zombies. I hear they are due to show up any day now.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,263 Posts

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
looks a little like Big-Brother taking over.. our lives and choices.
So true, Chuck. The government is skating such a fine line between civil liberties and public health. These clowns that do spring break are honestly putting their family members at risk when they return home. The government does not want to go full lockdown, obviously, but at some point it may have to happen if idiots keep ignoring the distancing thing. Either way, it's the cops, medics, and other frontline workers that end up bearing the brunt of this. I'm not a fan of our leader, but at least he told everyone to go home and stay home!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,263 Posts
Yeah well trying not to get political and upset our little forum here.

This virus is a serious threat. It spreads like wildfire. Most sure symptoms are nothing but I used work as an example. If one of us in office got it, then brought it home, it's a death sentence to loved ones. One person takes care of her 94 year old mother. She would likely not survive it. Another has a child at home with a compromised immune system. Same thing.

Much like the flu in that it's not a big issue to yourself if you get it but unlike the flu there is not the community immunity from majority having flu shots. It stops the spread.

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
Couldn't agree more, Indy. Another problem with this one is that it has killed people outside of it's 'target victim'. We're not sure of it's full potential yet, and we're still in the growth phase of potential contact or contamination. We still do not know the full long-term effects of this virus. Treating this like the common cold is just straight up irresponsible.

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
I'm not trying to freak anyone out. I'm just passing info along as I get it. Both levels of government in Canada are 100% on the same page. This is the first time in years that I've seen this. I'm actually impressed with how well the libs and cons are getting along. For the first time in years, I am actually seeing some light. Turns out the Golden Rule is a thing. I'm very proud of my country and our people right now.

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
This -one- will do. Until the next one comes along.

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
Some celebrity is saying she'll chose death over getting vaccinated. Where's the facepalm emoji when you need it? This is what we're up against. It's especially disturbing when a celeb uses their platform to spread their ignorance. These people are the reason the measles is making a comeback. The measles! We're moving back into the dark ages.

·
Super Moderator
9,739 Posts
Folks, I had already deleted one political post in this thread and now two more are getting deleted because they ventured into the political realm. If one more post in this thread has to be deleted, I will close the thread. Keep your comments non-political. This is a very simple rule. Please follow it.

·
Mean ol' Mo' Fo'
341 Posts
I don't buy the bat story. As likely, It could actually be a bio-weapon. Regardless,....it's nothing anyone wants or should wish on anyone. Stay well folks.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts