Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I should be on an airplane right now on the way to Holland for a funeral. Someone very important to me passed away today at the age of 89. Even if I could find a flight, the risk of not being able to fly back, or worse, for me to pick up the virus on a plane full of strangers and pass it on to all of my family over there is just too huge.
I am for the first time really bummed about this virus crap. Until today it was just annoying, but this really is ticking me off now.

·
Registered
16,346 Posts
Condolances and prayers for family extended. Today's paper listed a good friend, 73, who had been battling pancreatic cancer for the past year or so. Several rounds of chemo and he's now gone. Life...death...it is what it is.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,402 Posts
Now Cummins suspending work. Others will follow. The domino effect of COVID-19.

·
FREEBIRD
7,598 Posts
Sorry to hear this, Henk. I feel your pain. My uncle's funeral had to be cancelled last weekend as well. There would have been way to many older folks there to risk it, although now there's reports of several young, fit people dying as well. Anxiety levels are definitely increasing, but we just need to stick this out. We all know the drill.....distancing, washing hands, don't touch your face when out in public. I think it's important to remember that soap kills this virus. Now, if EVERYONE would just follow the social distancing/washing hands thing, this bug would die off in a few weeks.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts