Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,205 Posts

·
Registered
16,051 Posts
Most left. Even Matt and Bruce doing the Facebook thing now. I just come here for the non FB people.

And those few of us left appreciate it! If the SH......I mean, CHATbox were opened for more newer folks to participate, we might get a little more use. As it is, the 'whatever' is the only miscellaneous thread for anyone to participate in.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
I lurk occasionally. Is Laser still around?

·
Registered
16,051 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,205 Posts
It's weird the Victory forum went UP in activity after forum change. Not that many are there either.

We have a ton of lurkers here that never post. Over a decade of help threads if you got questions the answer is on here somewhere, no need to ask again.

Being winter for those in the north nothing to be posting about for bikes. I think I'll wash mine this weekend if it gets above 40. Still snow everywhere. Need to get the cover on.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
my bike is covered whenever its not out and riding..

cause the DUST here is real bad... it sticks to everything..
then the dew at night.... the dust becomes cement.

I am trying to sell a few things ( local ).
to enlarge the car port... so "new to us" car can get under as well.

all I need is
2) 6 inch "Cee" rails at 15 feet
8) 3'x15' roof panels..

I can reuse the 24' rail and the 5 uprights..
I plan to do all the work.

park management has "OKed" this change.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone that knows me knows why I’m not here that much and it wasn’t the software change! Most people on Facebook left essentially for the same reason. I stop here now and then to see what’s up but when I haven’t been here for days and there’s only three new posts I just wondered if I missed something.

·
FREEBIRD
7,441 Posts
I left because the new emojis suck. (n) It's been a crazy year for us, with me working extra hard and our daughter having a baby. This is our first Grandchild, so we've been busy with the new addition to our family. I only managed one ride last summer, and it was 5 hrs of superslab heading north to a friend's cottage. I'm hoping to have more free time next year so I can get back to riding. Gotta set a good example for the new rugrat. 🏍 (<--- See what I mean?)

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,205 Posts
I left because the new emojis suck. (n) It's been a crazy year for us, with me working extra hard and our daughter having a baby. This is our first Grandchild, so we've been busy with the new addition to our family. I only managed one ride last summer, and it was 5 hrs of superslab heading north to a friend's cottage. I'm hoping to have more free time next year so I can get back to riding. Gotta set a good example for the new rugrat. 🏍 (<--- See what I mean?)
Get with maddog and come south to visit the rest of us. :)

·
Mean ol' Mo' Fo'
326 Posts
I'll take a wild guess that IF the gag orders were removed,...ppl might have something more to say that jus agree on....

whatever.

·
FREEBIRD
7,441 Posts
Get with maddog and come south to visit the rest of us. :)
I'd love to, assuming it comes close to a ride I've committed to in the BRP/WV area in June. Dates and routes are still up in the air.

·
Registered
137 Posts
As a noob I'm going to add my (unwanted) input.

I've been a part of forums for a long time. Used to be in a car club. All of those forums have died off. I used to be a moderator for several. Trying to get new ( younger) members to use forums is like pulling teeth. So seeing this thread isn't really a surprise. I was actually happy to find this place and the OA. Both are actually somewhat active as well. More so than I actually expected.

My unsolicited opinion is that it's very hard to find a way for the younger generation to use an antiquated system such as a forum when they're brought up on Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat. We tried on our old forums. If there was a way to merge the old and new I'm sure the Cafe would be more active.

Apparently I need more coffee. Ignore my ramblings

Btw I hate to agree with Wigit 😈but these emoji's do suck. It looks like they are just the standard text message emoji's. :puke:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hello, everyone!

I don't visit nearly as much as I used to. Sorry to say, but a combination of the new format(s) combined with many of the old members leaving.

Anyway, still drop in from time to time.

Wishing every one a happy Hanukkah, merry Christmas and happy New Year!

:)

·
Registered
16,051 Posts
"Dammit, Jim, I'm a DR., not a starship engineer!"

1 - 20 of 52 Posts