Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get 10 miles in yesterday in the rain even though it was just light sprinkles with the temp of 38 or so.

Today I haven't even got dressed so darn depressed with another day of rain.

We have had 1 day this month with zero rain and it was a freakin weekday which sucks get off work and get home then half hour later it is dark.

I know quit your whining it isn't snow !!!!!!

Fact is my arthritis does a bunch better in the snow than the rain lower humidity seems to help.

And to think only 4 or 5 more months of this crapola

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for you Marty

I started to do the toy run yesterday but is just wasn't comfortable, about 200 bikes wet roads and light rain I just wasn't going to take the chance.

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
We have 6-9" of white stuff on the way, I'd say I feel for ya but not really... The only riding I've done in the last 2 months was riding the wife's burgman from the garage to the shed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
44 and mostly sunny here yesterday so I got in a few miles ! Had been around 2 weeks without getting to ride. Man it felt good !:mosh:

·
High-Tech Redneck
1,039 Posts
Yeah, feelin the season myself here. I get to look at the bike every morning as I climb into the 4 wheel drive to go to work. Makes me want to live somewhere further south.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Moving South this year won't yeild that much more riding we are having a really cold season right now. I could ride more if I bought all the winter gear but normally it would just sit in the closet.I feel the joint pain just like you Charlie and it does suck. The cold runs up you legs into your back causing pain. I hope you get well soon I know you love to ride that bike. Hawaii is the ideal temp all year round but the cost of living is outrageous.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Moving South this year won't yeild that much more riding we are having a really cold season right now. I could ride more if I bought all the winter gear but normally it would just sit in the closet.I feel the joint pain just like you Charlie and it does suck. The cold runs up you legs into your back causing pain. I hope you get well soon I know you love to ride that bike. Hawaii is the ideal temp all year round but the cost of living is outrageous.
Not to mention you're on an island so it might get a little boring after 5 years or so.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
High-Tech Redneck
1,039 Posts
Let's go! Pack it all up! I'll bring the boxes! ;) East coast or west? Gulf Coast? Arizona? Texas? Hawaii?
I have thought pretty seriously about Arizona, though being there a couple times in June makes me re-consider. Hawaii is really great but there's no way I could live there, although having the road to Hana (sp?) to ride right there close would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I have thought pretty seriously about Arizona, though being there a couple times in June makes me re-consider. Hawaii is really great but there's no way I could live there, although having the road to Hana (sp?) to ride right there close would be awesome.
The Road to Hana is not for the faint at heart, the locals are nuts on it and the curves have you passing yourself along the way. Not wanting to get caught up there after dark I came off Hana at 50mph with 5 others in a Aero Star van, they all got out at the bottom and about kissed the Black Sands. Then they settled down and watched the whales. All in all I think 5 years on those Islands would be Heaven. I'd know every road that we as tourists never get to see.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Don't feel bad Charlie....All that rain you got is snow here...

Started last night and has not stopped...

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
so.....there's no ideal place to live.......or to even visit..that's why I decided not to go to Florida this year.......may go later.....in March.........after the threat of snow has passed..that way I can consider going on two instead of four wheels! enjoy the weather everyone...and Charlie, hope you feel better, bro!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts