Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After attending a Homeland Security Seminar and Demonstration this fellow saw the HS people bring out a $1 MILLION dollar NON-Lethal crowd control and perimeter defense device called the "Dazzler" that used synchronized strobe light to disorient and make crowds "sea-sick." After looking at it a bit more closely later he decided that he could make his own and for MUCH less cost.

So he DID! :cheers:

And it's on the internet for you to make yourself...for less than $250 in parts!!!

Added bonuses...it's handheld, been tested by outside technical sources (web reviewers and found to actually WORK.

Check it out...The "BeDAZZLEER"... (not recommended for use on pets or to prank your friends... :nono:

...use on mother-in-laws should be considered strictly on a case by case basis.

To top it all off, you can re-tune it by the touch of a switch to act as a really cool disco party light...seriously.

http://www.ladyada.net/make/bedazzler/make.html

Anything the government THINKS they can do better or cheaper by legislation or lowest bids, some guy out there in the private sector definitely CAN and make an honest profit at it as well!

:banghead:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Just another example of our tax dollars hard at work. goverment is supposed to be built on a system of checks and balances. I think that went out the door many years ago. Probably the same time lobbyists walked in. We have a corrupt system.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
When ordering things for my department, I've been questioned as to why I was ordering from one company instead of just ordering from the usual "vendors". My explanation is always "less expensive". Don't understand why the government always wants to pay more.

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't help but wonder how this would effect Jehova Witnesses walking on my lawn...? :hmm2:

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
How about at the end of a fiscal year or quarter all the BS spending done by departments so the next year they can 'justify' why they need X amount of dollars... this is not just the federal govnmt... but also police departments and the like...

Mort

1 - 9 of 9 Posts