·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stay the fug away!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
I think this post needs to be deleted. If your going to post something like this then tell us what the problem you had with them is and what to look out for.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa hang on buddy, lol.

Ok I took a trip over to these guys because I heard from the ABATE guys that they were one of the sponsors. Ok, so the reason I went looking over there was because I wanted to get pricing and check to see what/if they had anything to fit my bike.

Yea, they had the Honda lightbar. Full list price! B&E Honda in Valpo quoted me just above 300. Even that was still high. But full price, GTFO.

I then inquired about aftermarket lightbars such as Cobra and Kury. They responded that they do not carry those brands. WHAT!?? Kury and Cobra branded aftermarket stuff was on the wall throughout the store. And I did point that out to them. To which their response was, "Oh they do not make anything that will work on your bike."

Yea ok summamabitches.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,475 Posts
B&E is a good deal man...The best I had found that anywhere was here...
http://www.ronayers.com/Details.cfm?Part=230507&Misc=0

It was about $280 last year, but it's about $309 now...

Not sure about the Kury, but the Cobra won't fit with your windshield, spotlights are too deep...I had one and sent it back for the Hondaline one I have now...The Hondaline is a better unit anyways...Has a complete wiring harness with a fuse and relay, handlebar-mounted switch...Totally plug-n-play...The Cobra had the switch mounted on the lightbar itself, and just some loose wires that you have to add a fuse and relay to get it wired to the bike correctly...

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
So they didn't sell you anything at retail price so your mad? You made it sound like you got screwed out of money or they messed up your X and wouldn't make good. This is a case of they didn't want to sell what you wanted to buy. They may not be the place to buy aftermarket parts but it is your choice to buy where you want. My local Honda dealer is straight list price on everything and getting a deal on a bike from them is near impossible. So, I don't buy from them.

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
You probably should just buy from the web, or, elsewhere. Don't be pissed cuz they wouldn't cut you a deal. They are in the business of making money, so don't be surprised when they are at or above MSRP on everything, yes everything, including bikes. My local Honda shop is above MSRP on all models, so, I went an hour away when I bought my last bike to get a deal.

Just shop around and you will find what you are looking for at reasonable prices. Don;t be to harsh on the dealers either, naming and flaming them on the web, just understand that you probably don't want to buy aftermarket parts from them.

my 2 cents.

·
Seasoned Member
876 Posts
SCHRODERS?
Coopi

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look, I know they are in business to make money and whatnot. That's prolly why people go into business anyway.

What really rubbed me the wrong way was, in order of events; the salesman kicking me to the curb when he found out I wasnt buying a bike from him, the parts guy at the counter's demeanor, and getting the feeling he just told me answers to my questions so he wouldnt have to do any sort of actual work to correctly answer my questions. I really felt as if he blew me off.

That is why I typed stay the fug away. If you decide to go to a dealer, IIWY, I would think more than twice about them.

·
SOF
1,352 Posts
Just spent 25 years in the wholesale business - biggest complaint from my retail customers? Can't get decent help. People come in for jobs, expect to get paid for standing around. One owner told me he's lucky to get one person out of ten that knows what's going on in the store.
So, yeah, they probably were blowing you off - why work when you can get paid for standing there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.