Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda VTX 1300C, All stock, for now anyway
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to adjust the throttle cables on my 2004 VTX 1300C but have run out of room to adjust at the throttle grip and don't know how else to adjust them. If anyone can please help, I'd greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Use the "Search Community" at the top of the page. I saw a couple of threads on the subject.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It's odd that you have run out of room to adjust the throttle cable at the handle...is it too loose or tight?

the other place to adjust it is at the carb. you have to take the intake or air filter cover and body off to gain acess to the cable at the carb.

you can only do this if the air intake box has been decapitated...or the top has been cut off. If it is stock, you will have to lift up the tank or might be easier to remove it.

·
Registered
2004 Honda VTX 1300C, All stock, for now anyway
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's odd that you have run out of room to adjust the throttle cable at the handle...is it too loose or tight?

the other place to adjust it is at the carb. you have to take the intake or air filter cover and body off to gain acess to the cable at the carb.

you can only do this if the air intake box has been decapitated...or the top has been cut off. If it is stock, you will have to lift up the tank or might be easier to remove it.
Way too tight. I loosened it up as much as i could at the handle :/

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
got to loosen it up then on the other end at the carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts