Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some help. So I thought my accelerater pump wasn't working cause it to bog down every time I give it 1/8 to 1/4 turn and come to find out it is working. When my accelerater pump poor gas in the carb isn't the needle suppose to move up and down?? I'm thinking I might have a vuccum leak if that sounds right?? Need some pro advice! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,736 Posts
Take the carb apart and carefully inspect the rubber boot around the slide. It is known to develop tiny cracks that prevent it from working properly. Also check that it is installed correctly when you put the carb back together. Follow the instructions in the service manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the carb apart and carefully inspect the rubber boot around the slide. It is known to develop tiny cracks that prevent it from working properly. Also check that it is installed correctly when you put the carb back together. Follow the instructions in the service manual.
I don't have a service manual. I'm just going by internet and video. I looked at the boot and doesn't seem bad.

·
Super Moderator
10,736 Posts
You can download the service manual here on the VTX Cafe for free.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The diaphragm to the needle in the carburetor will have a split in it. Thus the vacuum leak and poor performance when throttling up. Very common. I will attached a pic. Buy a carb kit for your model so you can replace all the rubber, and seals while you have it apart.
PART_1433298903930_20150602_212902.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
The diaphragm to the needle in the carburetor will have a split in it. Thus the vacuum leak and poor performance when throttling up. Very common. I will attached a pic. Buy a carb kit for your model so you can replace all the rubber, and seals while you have it apart.
View attachment 241518

1 - 6 of 6 Posts