Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the passing of my wife March 31st, plus being off work because of this virus shutdown I decided to make some changes to my 2004 1300C. Socket mod done and it's up on the lift, no wheels, waiting for the Yamaha shop to get my new tires mounted. Tank and fenders off for repaint. We were going to paint it purple, my wife's favorite color, before she got sicker. It's going to be purple with some black accents. Blacked out the turn signal housings, tail light chrome, and going to do the head light bucket. LED turn signal bulbs with new flasher, led tail light bulb, VTX daymaker on the way. Waiting for a new rear brake rotor and petcock. Just need to find an led for the license plate light.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,402 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

Post some pics when you get it together.

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
750 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. But it sounds like you are finding a good way to honor the memory. And I was just thinking this yesterday, I thought I had replaced all my lights with LEDs. Well I guess I could replace the ones in the odometer housing with LED, I'd have to figure out what size they are. And then you mentioned the license plate light I guess I forgot about that one too haha. Have to research the sizes and see what I can come up with. But the turn signals don't bother me at night since they are never on long, and the blue high beam indicator on the console is pretty dull already. So I guess I have to see if I want to hassle with it to replace them. Got a little time off so I guess I could, too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm not going to mess with the speedo lights. I don't want to open that up right now. If you come up with an led for the license plate light let me know, I haven't found one yet. Oh, I also added the Goheen cycles key relocation. Love the look pf it.

·
Registered
16,353 Posts
Randy, my condolances for your loss, brother. You might look @ Volo lights for motorcycles. My Honda Powersports dealer had a counter display last year with an LED license plate holder.

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
750 Posts
I don't even know how to get to the license plate light yet I've never been in there. I wonder if it even works, too haha. I'll PMCS my bike now and again, but when I leave for work so it's still daylight. Guess I didn't notice. Should do another check now!

·
Too short for my weight
5,364 Posts
Sweet!

·
Mosin Prime
750 Posts
Oh wow that looks nice! Color scheme is cool!

·
Mosin Prime
750 Posts
I still have a bunch of vinyl wrap material left from when I wrapped some parts before. I think I might do my headlight bucket. I set my gloves and helmet up on my handlebars in between that space where the windshield is. It's starting to get scuffy. I guess that would help protect it. It seems pretty resilient so far. I wrapped my chrome center console cover on the top of the tank because the sun would reflect in my eyes in the high point of the sun being up in the early afternoon. And I've dripped some gas from filling the tank so it should do pretty good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, an add on here. I have been looking for the 2 into 1 side burner exhaust and can't seem to find one. Anybody have any idea who sells them. I like my slash downs but want some more sound (noise).
Thanks all

·
Mosin Prime
750 Posts
Got the V&H Big Shots on mine. They are nice and loud! Really like the sound since I put them on in 2012. Don't now about the 2 into 1 but can comment on what I have and really like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts