·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,578 Posts

·
Registered
16,355 Posts
So what does TWSS MEAN ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are an infinite number of everyday conversations with certain words that as the French say, have a "double-entendre" unintentionally , and those of us that still act like teenagers (guilty as charged) get a humorous kick out of it. PLEASE don't ever grow up.****Example- I'm out on the golf course, and I make a long difficult putt, and yell, "It's IN the hole"! And my partner says "Thats what she said"! Took a long time until my level headed wife got it too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Considering the average age around here, it's odd, but it's obvious many people never grow up. I say more power to them.

·
11,578 Posts
Considering the average age around here, it's odd, but it's obvious many people never grow up. I say more power to them.
He's calling me odd?!?! :kidding: :icon_chee ... he's right!! :bleh: :icon_chee

Yeah, and apparently, I'm UNCLE inFESTER... :doh: :icon_chee

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There are an infinite number of everyday conversations with certain words that as the French say, have a "double-entendre" unintentionally , and those of us that still act like teenagers (guilty as charged) get a humorous kick out of it. PLEASE don't ever grow up.****Example- I'm out on the golf course, and I make a long difficult putt, and yell, "It's IN the hole"! And my partner says "Thats what she said"! Took a long time until my level headed wife got it too.
Ok thanks, im only 41 but im not up on most of the hipster abbreviations, i still pretty much spell out everything when i text people and when they reply with a fancy two or three letter response i usually have to ask what it means, i guess im just old school

·
11,578 Posts
Ok thanks, im only 41 but im not up on most of the hipster abbreviations, i still pretty much spell out everything when i text people and when they reply with a fancy two or three letter response i usually have to ask what it means, i guess im just old school
:icon_chee I'm old skool, too, and proud of it! :patriot: :mosh: ...sorry that we derailed your thread, rcam'! Where's Chuck with a goog derailment pic, when ya need him? :kidding:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was attracted by the lab set-up with the green laser and the Newport optical table and now by the BW image showing you? with the IR viewer. In my working career I worked with lasers fo almost 40 years including IR ones that required the viewer to see the beam. Therefore I am curious about the photos. I am now retired, living in Oregon and got into motorcycling 10 years with my first bike (and now my only bike) being a 2005 VTX1800 R. Jim Hammond

·
Registered
30 Posts
VTX 1800 tires.

Just purchased a 2003 VTX 1800 and is in need of tires, can somebody give me a good reason bot to buy Shinko tires, for the price they are so appealing but i dont know anything about them and im working on a. Tight budget, or does anybody have any good suggestions for a good alternative that is budget friendly

I have a 2003 VTX1800 with 67,000 miles and run twisties and in heavy rain. I haven't tried Shinko tires but on other bikes I have owned I got tired of replacing tires every 5-7K and started running Dunlap Elite 3s. I've gotten between 15,573-11,748 miles on the rears running at 40 psi. and 18,964 on the front running at 38 psi, and I run the rear tires down to the"second" rubber, and wear line 1 cm off the left shoulder. I've been happy with the handling especially in heavy rain when chasing tail lights (wake off front tire, cars parked two deep under the bridges, and no letup in rain passing under the bridges) only hydroplaned briefly. I did have one set of fronts where they seemed to change the shoulder area compound to a softer material that didn't wear well. The 11,748 and 18,964 was the latest mileage (had both tires changed a few days ago). Dunlop stopped making Elite 3s, I haven't tried the Elite 4s yet. Didn't see any mileage figures on the Shinko's so I thought I'd let you know my experience with the Elites.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've gone through four sets of the SE890 Journey's at around 7000 for rear and 10,000 for the front. Only problem I can see is that the reduced mileage Shinko's still cost the same to change out as a higher priced Dunlop... I'll probably try the new E4 tire out next year? :hmm2:

·
11,578 Posts
I was attracted by the lab set-up with the green laser and the Newport optical table and now by the BW image showing you? with the IR viewer. In my working career I worked with lasers fo almost 40 years including IR ones that required the viewer to see the beam. Therefore I am curious about the photos. I am now retired, living in Oregon and got into motorcycling 10 years with my first bike (and now my only bike) being a 2005 VTX1800 R. Jim Hammond
Hi, Jim - please feel free to PM me to chat more offline - yes, that's me in the lab - but I'm neither that young... :nope: ...nor that thin, anymore! LOL! :doh: :shrug: :icon_chee

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
:icon_chee I'm old skool, too, and proud of it! :patriot: :mosh: ...sorry that we derailed your thread, rcam'! Where's Chuck with a goog derailment pic, when ya need him? :kidding:
No worries, i just thrilled with the feedback im actually getting, this really does seem to be a great network of motorcyclist

21 - 40 of 48 Posts