1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
It's a TOTAL SCAM from the ad I read!!! Just my .02

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Most likely a scam. I emailed. Might be fun to play with this guy.

I would imagine any reply will have advance cash payment, certified check or bank transfer as part of the deal.

We'll see ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take my Word It is a SCAM, Not long ago I had a little fun:D with one of those guys, I replayed to the ad we began talking about the bike got them hooked, he thought he had a buyer he was telling me how to wire the money to a third party receiver when I ask him again where the bike was again, he gave me an address, I said OH that’s great I just happen to be 30 miles from there I’ll just come by right know and give you the cash and pick it up.IT went silent from there. Beware if it sounds too good to be true it normally is.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
craigslist is being notorious for "too good to be true" sales. I have seen them for boats, cars, trucks, motorcycles. I guess they dont bother with the lower priced items. Often a girls name is used too to try to further hook the sucker, mark, prosepective scam victim in. The internet has given crooked people a whole new market. :mad: Makes me especially mad because so many scams are aimed at people my age and older ( or younger) thats my story, Bry :mosh:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, please understand that I was not going to be buying, or attempting to buy this. I was positive it was a scam from the beginning. I should have made that clear. Simply showing others the sillyness. You are all correct, if it sounds to good to be true, it is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
They were doing the same thing here.
I sent them an email, they replied "I'm from Tennesee, but stationed at Ft Lewis.
$2500 and I have it shipped to your door!
I told him where to go.

Total Scam.

:cheers:

Ken

·
Registered
243 Posts
This guy is trying to scam me. Read what he posted in reply to my add.Thank for your mail. will offer you - $23200 for the Screaming Eagle
FatBob then i will be paying you with my credit card via my PayPal
account,If my offer is accepted send me your PayPal email including
your phone# and send me more pics of this item if available since i
would not be seen it in person so i can pay it right away I am a busy
at work and do not have much time around me.Make sure you get back to
me so that we can arrange for pick up as i will like the item to be
picked at your residence, kindly get back to with your residence home
address and your full name if you are sending your PayPal money
request so that i can proceed for the payment online and for the pick
up agent to locate you ok...so i will be glad to read back from you
soonest..

Regard

--
Just viewed your listing and will like to purchase it please what is
the condition and more detail of it.

Regards

Sure I'll get RIGHT ON IT: I'LL SEND YOU ALL MY INFO, NOT!!!

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Alright here we go ... Got my reply from this guy. Here it is below...

Hello and sorry for my delayed response. The 2004 Honda VTX VTX 1800N Neo Retro is still for sale and it is as good as it looks (ABSOLUTELY NO LEAKS OR DRIPS). Engine size (cc):1800, Mileage: 3,980 miles, Exterior color:Silver.
Vehicle title: CLEAR TITLE I have decided to sell it for $2,150 and the buyer will receive it with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it so if you buy it you don't have to worry about the paperwork. It was my son's, but unfortunately he can't use it anymore as he died 3 month ago. I moved back where I was born in Fresno, CA and now it will be shipped from here. Please get back to me only if you are serious and want to buy it.
Thank you.

Sent him message below. Will see where this "snipe hunt" goes ...

I am serious. Do you have pictures?

Need to get this transaction done as quickly as possible. In Vacation stretch here and would have time to get this done and cleared.

Can't wait for the response ....:bleh: Noticed that original 2005 offered is a now a 2004 and the listing I looked at on Craigs yesterday is gone...

·
Registered
875 Posts

Its sounds like a scam.. Once they get your e-mail address, they then sell it to telemarketers and your spam mail gets worst!!

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts

Its sounds like a scam.. Once they get your e-mail address, they then sell it to telemarketers and your spam mail gets worst!!
No worries on the spam. Use an email address that is just for these kind of purposes that sits behind a filter that is almost fool proof...

It most normal cases it would be a concern though....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No worries on the spam. Use an email address that is just for these kind of purposes that sits behind a filter that is almost fool proof...

The response I got back said he is getting divorced, and has moved to san Diego.

This is why you use an "internet transaction" email, and when buying online, use an "internet transaction" credit card with a very low limit. Gotta Protect your self. I know folks who only use prepaid visa card online.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
I met my first wife through Craig's list... the ad said something like, "... slightly used model, runs well, should be good for many miles... all service records included..."

Well.... I found out.......SCAM....

Spoiler
:spank:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Last email said it was 2150 firm. He would pay shipping. All of this in broken English.

Will ship from Fresno or can be picked up in Fresno.

Transaction will be through PayPal which I find kind of interesting.

Sent pics. Bike is decked out in the pics.

Have asked a couple of more questions.

Next step will be an attempt to have the bike paid for with cash and picked up tonight or tomorrow by and old friend who just moved south of Fresno a couple of months ago.

We will see how that goes....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

The response I got back said he is getting divorced, and has moved to san Diego.

This is why you use an "internet transaction" email, and when buying online, use an "internet transaction" credit card with a very low limit. Gotta Protect your self. I know folks who only use prepaid visa card online.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I used to work in Fresno and lived just a bit south of there...N.A.S. Lemoore. I've got friends that are still in Visalia who could go "take a look at this bike".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts