Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the X out for a ride. Well not much of a ride, about 60 miles. Its been 11 weeks since I was up and I was rusty as heck. no shenanighans just point it down the hiway. The speed limit there is 55, a pain but I accept. Its one of Arizona Hiway Patrol's bread and butter routes. Look under every tree or obey the limit +/- 5mph. Darned nice day and blue sky, a little warm. It sure is fun.
I needed this for sure. Longer next time! :choppersm

·
Registered
101 Posts
:) Jim"billcarr" Sounds like maybe there are more trees(tall bushes) than what I remember. I even know where Oracle Junction is!! LOL Hubby and I used to live in Apache Jctn. I'll bet there's not many people who know the area, and yep Hywy Patrol loves that stretch of open road! :patriot:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Congrats on getting out on a good day. Here's to many more.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The road between Oracle Jct. and Winkleman? Yea, the speed limit is too slow. Almost every time I've seen a cop, he had someone pulled over. Getting hotter, but OJ is always 10-15 degrees cooler than Florence.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And today was even better. I rode a 160 miler, nice ride even if hot. My destination was cooler, with a nice breeze elevation 5000 feet. I was drowzy so i laid out on a table top in shade and checked eyelids for cracks. Then I rode home. The X purred nicely at 65 - 70 all the way, except that pesky 20 mile speed trap between Oracle Jct and Mammoth. Blue sky, other bikes out, most everyone was waving today so it was special. I took a precaution and wore Ace knee pads. The incisions are healed but its only been 5 weeks on left knee.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Glad to hear that you are healing up good! I will have to head that way and buy you lunch, I don't mind the heat that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts