Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did a camping ride over to the Tonto Basin in Arizona t see the Tonto Cliff Dwellings, even though it is in the desert igot really cold at night it dropped into the mid 20's. I was pretty comfortable with my modern camping gear but did have to stop and think about how rough the cliff dwellers had it.

Here is a picture of the Cliff Dewelling from the visitors center.

Here is a Cactus on its way out..

A cool grinding stone

Some shots of how they built these

The view out from the Upper Dwellings

I figured that I would be a Cactus Hugger instead of a tree hugger.

Jim showing why you shouldn't mess with the Cactus.

A cool growing cactus

The Roosevelt Dam Bridge

A little frost from the evening

A nice Sunrise, we did hit some hail outside of Globe Az and then a few showers but nothing real severe.

a random cactus shot these are really cool and huge.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Interesting stuff, nice pics, Thanks. :mosh:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Great pics! I've never been to Az, but my mother in law keeps inviting me out, she lives in flagstaff i think. But anyway, enough about her, i just wanted to say thanks for sharing those pics with us.
Ride safe
Ride free
Bry

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Thank you for sharing, very nice pics. Wishing you a nice day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We did Tonto two years ago. A must see. The pics don't do it justice. Make sure you have reservations if you want to do the climb up.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Marty...you going native with that beard? Come on now...just because you put more miles on your bike than a dozen of us combined is no reason to get that ZZ Top look going. Pick up a razor why don't you and stop ruining those great landscape photos...:bleh:

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Marty...you going native with that beard? Come on now...just because you put more miles on your bike than a dozen of us combined is no reason to get that ZZ Top look going. Pick up a razor why don't you and stop ruining those great landscape photos...:bleh:
I'm just trying something a little new. Never really had a beard before but I'm kinda liking it, keeps the Ol' Mug a little warmer on the cold days.:)

We did Tonto two years ago. A must see. The pics don't do it justice. Make sure you have reservations if you want to do the climb up.

Good point on the reservations, We called and they were already full but I went anyway and showed up at 8 am and luckily there was a few that canceled so we were able to go up.
Pictures were really hard to take because the sun was so bright that the were over exposed and because the dwellings are on the side of a cliff it is hard to get far enough back to get them all in a good shot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts