Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been off this week for vacation the week before Christmas and the weather has been perfect. With polor fleece, leather jacket, vest, insulated chaps, winter gloves and full face helmet rides have been great. Been able to put in a little over 100 miles each day. Visited relatives, ran errands and did last minute Christmas shoping. Nothing better than a sunny brisk day to roll down the road. Merry Christmas to all of you and may you have a blessed and Happy New Year.
:choppersm

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hi Outriderone I'm glad someone is reporting a little riding. I have been off also and have ridden 3 days so far this week, i might skip the rest of the week due to the crazy volume of traffic on Long Island. It's been chilly, and i get home before dark if i can, the little sunshine that squeaks through helps. Most days temps are 30 to 37 with WNW winds 15 to 25 mph. It's ok if you can deal with some discomfort for the joy of riding, even in the cold.

PS, i head for home fast if i see a single flake of snow. Of course i dont ride if there's a chance of sleet or freezing rain. It's sure not like spring, summer or fall riding, but it can be done and its worth it.
Merry Christmas
Bry

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
hehe, its not exactly Great, Angel, but its better than my fellow riders have to deal with in the mid west or further North than i am :D I try to pretend as if im skiing, and when i'm done i'll go to an inn with a cozy fireplace and warm drinks. Merry Christmas to you, Peach ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
No fair you rub my nose in it.
I am off as well but i did get a new jack took the cover off
lifted it up and drank beer.
March the battery goes back in when the salt is gone i can join you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts