Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding the Ultra Limited for all of October (a bit over 1K miles), it was a shock to say the least.

The VTX with a Darkside on the rear handles completely different than a stock Ultra, but I got used to it again quickly. I also remembered the thrill of riding the Beast! Heading up the highway, and cracking the throttle to pass idiots was a bigger thrill, as my VTX sits lower, and the exhaust note immediately gets aggressive once I drop down a gear and crack her open. The Ultra gets smiles; the VTX gets grins.
Had lunch at Mission BBQ up in Crofton (one town North of where I live), and then rode around some areas I used to cruise to and from work.

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
After riding the Ultra Limited for all of October (a bit over 1K miles), it was a shock to say the least.

The VTX with a Darkside on the rear handles completely different than a stock Ultra, but I got used to it again quickly. I also remembered the thrill of riding the Beast! Heading up the highway, and cracking the throttle to pass idiots was a bigger thrill, as my VTX sits lower, and the exhaust note immediately gets aggressive once I drop down a gear and crack her open. The Ultra gets smiles; the VTX gets grins.
Had lunch at Mission BBQ up in Crofton (one town North of where I live), and then rode around some areas I used to cruise to and from work.
Just grin.....and bear it!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,193 Posts
Glad you enjoying the use of two bikes.

When the Harley is in the shop you'll have something else to ride. :ROFLMAO:

Just messing with you of course, my uncle never has any issues with his Harley. :)

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you enjoying the use of two bikes.

When the Harley is in the shop you'll have something else to ride. :ROFLMAO:

Just messing with you of course, my uncle never has any issues with his Harley. :)
Hey, the Harley is kinda off the road. Just waiting for the 1000 mile check up...and I don't want to put too much on past that 1K and risk the warranty (H-D says 500 miles either side of the 1K miles).

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,193 Posts
Hey, the Harley is kinda off the road. Just waiting for the 1000 mile check up...and I don't want to put too much on past that 1K and risk the warranty (H-D says 500 miles either side of the 1K miles).
Never had a bike with a warranty.
Fancy stuff there. I hope they cover everything it needs.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,701 Posts
Having 4 bikes is even better. It's like having a new girlfriend every time you saddle up!

• Haha
Reactions: Beastie Boy

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
Having 4 bikes is even better. It's like having a new girlfriend every time you saddle up!
Now you sound like a Pimp Daddy, RJ! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: RJ64

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,193 Posts
I tried two bikes. The VTX felt like a tiny toy after riding the Vic.
Takes a few miles to get used to the difference.

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, been riding the VTX more now as the Ultra is over 1K miles, and the break in service is due...
I have to admit, the VTX is just plain fun to ride!

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
It's hard to improve on perfection, LOL!

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,701 Posts
Now you sound like a Pimp Daddy, RJ! LOL
That's my name around here: Pimp Daddy RJ. Bike parts ain't cheap and the 4th bike is a basket case 1100 Shadow that might be my chopper project, so I need all the $$ I can get!

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
116 Posts
What I get out of this thread is, people wanting to show off their ego, and bashing the VTX line. In my mind this comes under the, if you don't like it leave. Or, we are not impressed with how many motorcycles you have or how much you want to ruin a perfectly good one by chopping it up. I'm just a "mature" rider that appreciates the design and engine horsepower that this 17 year old motorcycle provides. You will never find on todays market another bike with this kind of reliability and ease of maintenance . So go ahead and stroke your manly roids and prove to others that you are the best. But remember, there was a man named Honda, that proved it first.

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
What I get out of this thread is, people wanting to show off their ego, and bashing the VTX line. In my mind this comes under the, if you don't like it leave. Or, we are not impressed with how many motorcycles you have or how much you want to ruin a perfectly good one by chopping it up. I'm just a "mature" rider that appreciates the design and engine horsepower that this 17 year old motorcycle provides. You will never find on todays market another bike with this kind of reliability and ease of maintenance . So go ahead and stroke your manly roids and prove to others that you are the best. But remember, there was a man named Honda, that proved it first.
You obviously need to spend more time on the forum and get to actually know some of its members. Norm is 'one of the guys'. You, not so much. But you could improve on that with a different attitude and more participation here.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,193 Posts
Spend more time here and you would realize most have multiple bikes. Including VTX. Not much brand bashing here we all love bikes. If your intention is to bash on other brands that are not Honda you'll make no friends here. We all love our bikes and the VTX that brought us all here.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
WOW!!!!! Stroke my manly rod :ROFLMAO: You obviously don’t know any of us and with a rant like that probably never will. You make it to my ignore list(n)

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have been on this forum since June 2007. I just got another bike. The VTX is what brought me here. I love that bike. It is wayyyy different than a Harley. Not worse, and the Harley is not better, just different.
I think you need to sit back and learn about the people here more, maybe attend a few of the regional get-togethers and see what people on this forum are like, before you start jumping to assumptions. Long time members here consider each other family.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,701 Posts
Some people get jealous and sometimes this is what you get: Who was bashing on any bikes at all? I must have missed that part. This guy could take his own advice and leave if he doesn't like it. And in case he didn't know it, Harley-Davidson has been around longer than Honda and even sold Honda the designs they have modeled their bikes after. That was a long time ago but yeah, it happened.

Reactions: PaXman11
1 - 20 of 37 Posts