Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,683 Posts
Harley does use some Honda ideas too. Anyone ever notice that Harleys stopped leaking? Yep, Hondas fault. LOL
And recent changes to water cooled heads.

Reactions: crAzyAce

·
Registered
384 Posts
What I get out of this thread is, people wanting to show off their ego, and bashing the VTX line. In my mind this comes under the, if you don't like it leave. Or, we are not impressed with how many motorcycles you have or how much you want to ruin a perfectly good one by chopping it up. I'm just a "mature" rider that appreciates the design and engine horsepower that this 17 year old motorcycle provides. You will never find on todays market another bike with this kind of reliability and ease of maintenance . So go ahead and stroke your manly roids and prove to others that you are the best. But remember, there was a man named Honda, that proved it first.
If this was how your therapist suggested to make new friends, it’s not going to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
What I get out of this thread is, people wanting to show off their ego, and bashing the VTX line. In my mind this comes under the, if you don't like it leave. Or, we are not impressed with how many motorcycles you have or how much you want to ruin a perfectly good one by chopping it up. I'm just a "mature" rider that appreciates the design and engine horsepower that this 17 year old motorcycle provides. You will never find on todays market another bike with this kind of reliability and ease of maintenance . So go ahead and stroke your manly roids and prove to others that you are the best. But remember, there was a man named Honda, that proved it first.
LOL
Microphone Smile Beard Music artist Font

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Super Moderator
11,465 Posts
OK. Enough bashing. The point has been made. Please stop kicking the dead horse. Thanks.

Reactions: dutellem

·
Super Moderator
11,465 Posts
And when enough gets to be enough is when I have to do my moderator thing :)

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Jim I’m sorry but when someone comes on here and bashes us for talking about other bikes and adding how much we still love our VTX too he deserved everything he got. You can interject all you want but we were all respectful in calling him out and unless we got out of hand there wasn’t much to moderate. We are adults here and to be fair I don’t think anyone crossed any lines. But moderate away!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry for posting a billboard. I actually meant it as a joke by calling out the irony of it all. Sometimes my veteran erupts and spills out on the floor. Dark humor isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. I’ll make it a thumbnail next time. 😇

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,688 Posts
Jim I’m sorry but when someone comes on here and bashes us for talking about other bikes and adding how much we still love our VTX too he deserved everything he got. You can interject all you want but we were all respectful in calling him out and unless we got out of hand there wasn’t much to moderate. We are adults here and to be fair I don’t think anyone crossed any lines. But moderate away!
What happened to this forum? I don't quite remember having to be so anal retentive that you cannot have any fun at all on here anymore. No one did anything wrong. Just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean we all have to toe HIS line. No rules were broken but this has gotten really old really fast. But yeah, whatever. Some people let a little power get to their head waaaaaay too much. Lighten up, man. Life is too short as it is. Go for a ride or something.

·
Registered
17,683 Posts
We know who has each others' backs here, and who doesn't. The OA looks more interesting these days. Maybe we all need to get out for some wind therapy? :unsure:(y)

Reactions: cmartin and RJ64

·
Super Moderator
11,465 Posts
<snip>No one did anything wrong. Just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean we all have to toe HIS line. No rules were broken but this has gotten really old really fast.<snip more>
You are both mistaken and correct. You are correct on the issue raised in your first sentence - no one did anything wrong and in your third sentence - Nor rules were broken. At least not yet. Because no one did anything wrong or broke any rules, there were no posts deleted and no one was punished for unwelcome behavior. However, the beating of the dead horse was pointed out and I asked that people cease any further of this in this thread. So far, everyone has complied so, again, no one has done anything wrong. Continuing to do what I have asked be stopped would be doing something wrong and there would be consequences. You are mistaken on the issue raised in the second quoted sentence. You do have to toe the line that the moderators draw.

·
WTF, Over!
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
And through it all, I still love the ride on the VTX Beast of mine...damn but that is a fun ride!
(which was my original point)

So guys, what other bikes do you have, if you've got a second (or third, fourth, fifth)?

·
Super Moderator
11,465 Posts
All our bikes are the same make, model, and year so no variety. Fortunately, we really like this bike :)

·
FREEBIRD
8,201 Posts
So guys, what other bikes do you have, if you've got a second (or third, fourth, fifth)?
While I still have the X (parked unfortunately:cry:), I ended up getting a 2017 Victory Magnum the year Polaris dumped the Victory brand for Indian. Here's a pic of VAL9000 with my friend Bill on his Streetglide and John on his Ducati Multistrada. No bike snobs in this group. We all bust each other's balls about our 'lame' bikes just as much as we compliment each other on how awesome they are. Lol

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

21 - 37 of 37 Posts