Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a big 48 miles on my new (2009) VTX1300R. It usually never freeking rains in Commiefornia and last Sunday when my son and I planned a nice, long ride...it rains. We got a couple of hours in but then we headed back to the barn

Soooooooo...I decided to remove the tank & side cover badges. I squirted some Kroil behind the badges, let it soak and they came off pretty easily. I cleaned up with some Simple Green and polished and waxed the tank and side covers...then the whole bike. It looks great.

Now I am attempting to find some graphic to put on the tank. I have gone to quite a few web sites but I have not seen anything that sent a tingle up my leg as yet. I guess I'll keep searching until I find something that moves me. I talked to a Cal Custom graphics painter but I really can't afford to drop $700. on tank painting. My wife would crazy glue my Johnson to my...well...never mind.

After not riding for 15-years, it is soooo nice to be back aboard. I really love this cycle and after drilling out (the hole saw method suggested on this site) the rear baffles, it sounds sweet. It sounds so good, I cancelled my V&H custom pipe order and will squander that cash on other bike related goodies.

I should have my Baron air kit and new carb jets from Honda this week and then it's off to the Dyno-Tune shop. There is a guy near me http://www.rcalracing.com/that builds race bikes and he is really well respected. I feel comfortable with him doing the carb work and putting the bike on his Dyno to verify all of the power curves. I don't dare tell the wifelet about that little expenditure either....LOL

I also bought a headlight modulator for my son's new Phantom and my bike. I should have those this week too. So much for my piggy bank.

I am LOVIN IT though. Can't wait to get off work today and fire that sucker up for a ride.:choppersm

I decided to use "Stinky the Wonder Dog" as my avatar. The boy is pushing 13-now and pretty much runs the household. He's a "Tweener Wiener" and is my second shadow. I have no doubts that he would love riding with me. However, a dog rack on my tank is not part of the plan. He is sulking as I write this.

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
I should have my Baron air kit and new carb jets from Honda this week and then it's off to the Dyno-Tune shop. There is a guy near me http://www.rcalracing.com/that builds race bikes and he is really well respected. I feel comfortable with him doing the carb work and putting the bike on his Dyno to verify all of the power curves. I don't dare tell the wifelet about that little expenditure either....LOL

Welcome to the Cafe!

First off, any Carb Jet kit from a Honda joint will be a DynoJet Kit. Don't do this. Get a Factory Pro Stage 3 Kit instead (around $65) and a Glen's Permanent A/F Tool ($40) and do it yourself. Huge difference, WITH the ability to tune it anytime (even sitting at a red light).

Other than that, the only "Necessary" mod you're going to find wanting is a seat. Honda's seats just flat-out suck for most people.

I got my 1300R around 14 months ago.

10,500mi :)

You'll love it.

-Gonz

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
congrats and i know you'll love your new X. Sounds like you still have some money left over, listen to some of the, i call them Gurus of VTXCafe. Read the posts as often as you can and you will soon see who the gurus are. With their knowledge, you will not waste any money, but will instead end up doing some of your own work, and saving a lot of time, headache and bucks.

Good luck to you and your son!
Bry :choppersm

These congrats came from Long Island, New York.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the cafe, and go with what the guys (and gals) here reccomend. They won't steer you wrong.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks...

Thanks guys. It's a pleasure to be here.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I already posted on another thread of yours, but welcome from Florida.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts