Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of hitches everyone is useing? I have a 1800C and running darkside out back so those of you that have hitches would that affect it any?Anyone made there own hitches?Anyone know of any plans on the net for doing so? I saw a small trailer on HF that wouldnt be too bad as far as price but i cant see spending more on a hitch then the trailer lol.Please post pics if you have them.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I don't have one but I looked into them, it's $337 but this one would work great with the DS tire because it mounts outside the fender vs under it. They have one pictured for an 18C
http://hitchdoc.com/motorcyclehitches.php#honda

P.S. If your up to fabricating, it wouldn't be hard to make one similar to this one, then you could paint it or have it powder coated. (or chromed although the cost of chroming could make it worth just buying this one anyway)

·
Registered
97 Posts
You probably wont be able to use a hidden hitch it will rub. Heres what i built for my F. You might be able to make something that work for you. It is removeable and all you see is the bracket in the third picture.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whisper i really like the way you have made yours. I think If i make one it would be closer to yours sir if you dont mind.Looks like the bags would hide most of it also.I also like the part that it can be removed without removing all of it.The first one looks a little cheap made for that kind of price to me.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You probably wont be able to use a hidden hitch it will rub. Heres what i built for my F. You might be able to make something that work for you. It is removeable and all you see is the bracket in the third picture.
Awesome! A buddy of mine helped me build one very similar to yours. My bags hide most of the part that stays on the bike. I pull a 4'x5' utility trailer with it.

Here it is before paint.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like the idea of the removable mounts so i may have to come up with some plans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts