Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone around Monroe, La have an a/f screw i could steal for about 10 minutes? I'm' here without an address so I have shipped Glen's a/f screw to the house in Shreveport. Trouble is I won't be back there till Sunday. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
912 Posts
Anyone around Monroe, La have an a/f screw i could steal for about 10 minutes? I'm' here without an address so I have shipped Glen's a/f screw to the house in Shreveport. Trouble is I won't be back there till Sunday. Thanks

Dave
What is a a/f screw?My brother lives in Monroe.Post reply so i can hook you up if he is home.

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
A/F screw is the Air/Fuel mixture screw that goes in at the bottom of the carboretor behind the air filter on the right side of the bike on a 1300.

Righty/tighty gives less fuel to air in the mixture, Lefty/Loosey gives more fuel to air.

The Glens Remote A/F control knob is a long cable wire that replaces the screw and then the knob itself hangs down just below the Air Filter cover. It allows on the road, remote ability to adjust the screw from the OUTside instead of having to remove the air filter and carb.

Normal setting is to tighten her down and then back off 2 1/4 turns for most VTX 1300's.

GREAT invention! :cheers:

Good luck on the Road. HOT DAY to be stuck there! :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
A/F screw is the Air/Fuel mixture screw that goes in at the bottom of the carboretor behind the air filter on the right side of the bike on a 1300.

Righty/tighty gives less fuel to air in the mixture, Lefty/Loosey gives more fuel to air.

The Glens Remote A/F control knob is a long cable wire that replaces the screw and then the knob itself hangs down just below the Air Filter cover. It allows on the road, remote ability to adjust the screw from the OUTside instead of having to remove the air filter and carb.

Normal setting is to tighten her down and then back off 2 1/4 turns for most VTX 1300's.

GREAT invention! :cheers:

Good luck on the Road. HOT DAY to be stuck there! :(
Thanks Art.To original poster stuck in Monroe my brother wont be able to help with the a/f screw but could assist with maybe killing time.Sorry!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks Art.To original poster stuck in Monroe my brother wont be able to help with the a/f screw but could assist with maybe killing time.Sorry!
If it's a 10 minute ride, perhaps he could drop by and get the new one from the mailbox?

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
No reply from original poster?Monroe being almost in Arkansa ,Shreveport far west almost Texas quite a ride.
90 miles or so.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You get all squared away?:confused:

Yah, sure did. I'll just wait. The bikes rides, just runs poorly at idle/takeoff. I'll get it to Sh!#port in the pickup and then tear everything down this weekend when I"m home and have the AF perm screw mount and my toolchest.

Thanks guys.
-
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts