Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still haven't figured out the trip odometer problem....it shows the over all mileage as a constant display. The trip odometer shows up when I first push the start button but goes away when the bike has started. I am contemplating taking the speedometer housing off and checking the wiring. Are there any suprises I need to look for in taking that off? Don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did you press the button to cycle through the various displays? It has overall odometer, trip A and trip B.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey Pete give tnvnl a pm. being a honda factory tech.he might know something that would help!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pm'd him

Thanks Steve
I pm'd him. This can't be a big issue. When I first turn the key on it briefly flashes Trip A and B but when the Bike is started it goes away and only the overall odometer remains...I have pushed the reset button in many ways but the trip settings do not reappear....

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
whew, that'd be the reason i wouldn't contact him!
I'm actually one of the ones that care.
If you want, feel free to look through all my reply's on here and over at VTXOA, and you can get a feel of my skill level.
Contrary to popular belief, not all factory trained techs are bad. I personally have been wrenching on bikes for nearly 40 years now, I have a pretty fair idea of what I'm doing.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If you want, feel free to look through all my reply's on here and over at VTXOA, and you can get a feel of my skill level.
Contrary to popular belief, not all factory trained techs are bad. I personally have been wrenching on bikes for nearly 40 years now, I have a pretty fair idea of what I'm doing.
Sure glad to have someone with knowledge that responds to questions, Thanks !!!

·
Senior Linux Advocate
600 Posts
I just wanted to say, regardless of other (popular?) opinion on here, I'm glad you participate in the boards and help out other owners. I think that can only add to the overall community. :cheers:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm having the same issue. TNVNL, anything I should check? I can't get any trip info to display. I only have the main odometer showing.

I'd appreciate any advice you (or anyone else) can give!

Thanks, John M.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The switch is a common fail problem... moisture kills it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts