Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2006 Honda VTX 1300C from someone. This is my first bike and I'm trying to learn and do everything myself. For the most part it has done really well. The pervious owner laid the bike over at some point and then put some really cheap turn signals on the rear. I bought and installed some kuryakyn LED turn signals that have run/brake/turn features. Here is the problem I'm having; after I installed the turn signals according to the instructions given to me by kuryakyn my brake lights stay on and the running lights do not work. The turn signals work just fine though. So if anyone has an idea as of how to fix this problem I would be very thankful.

Feels good to be on two wheels.

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
Congratulations on your first bike! Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. So true... and welcome to the Café!

I'd go back and double-check all connections, wire colors, instructions, fuses, etc. Download the Honda service manual from the 'Sticky' section, here. The electrical schematic is in the back with wire colors identified. Hopefully, someone familiar with the Kury R/T/B will come along soon with more detailed suggestions...

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
835 Posts
Klaser is on it. Double check all your stuff, and make sure you have tapped in to the correct existing wires. Must have missed a wire somewhere, or bad connection. Sounds like the turns are connected properly. But the other function of running/brake lights may just have to be tapped to the correct wires. I went through this as well when I installed some multi function LED turn/brake lights I had to wire them in to the existing system and even with the schematic, has to do some trial and error before everything was working properly. The wiring schematic is a good place to start and make sure you got the right ones hooked up. Sounds like you're close. And welcome aboard!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts