Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Chrome Addict
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Tsukayu bags mounted, i love them, but what a pain to mount. You only get one shot and man i am happy. The size inside is amazing. I love the look but that's my opinion. What do you guys think??
:cheers:
">">

Reactions: JDKelly

·
Chrome Addict
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am VERY impressed with the quality of the bags. Also the shipping was free and took only 4 days total after ordering from Hong Kong to get to me in Canada.

They really feel solid, and do not interfere with my "rigged" sissy that i had set up from my old bags.

·
Chrome Addict
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the great feedback guys! I am done for a bit. I can't wait to get out riding.

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Looks very cool my friend. :cheers:

My best buddy is planning to get some of those this year for his X. He has already installed his Roadhouse Dual exhaust in preperation, they look sweet. We saw a bike at a rally last summer with those bags and his exhaust. SWEET

·
Registered
520 Posts
Great looking bags. Now I'm really mad, I don't know what to buy. I been back and forth on leather or hard bags. These bag look great and on a black VTX too. What model are they?

·
Chrome Addict
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great looking bags. Now I'm really mad, I don't know what to buy. I been back and forth on leather or hard bags. These bag look great and on a black VTX too. What model are they?
they are the Strong model. They came painted. I added the bag guards too from them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
If you are like me and don't go for really long trips where you need tons of room I think the hard look claener and more sleek on a bike. If your going for a few days a backpack will do the job. That my opinion but everyone has there own to make. This is the first time Ihave ever used a windshield or bags and so far i'm okay with it. If the bad boy shows up you'll watch a totally differennt bike being built, my last one but maybe the best. That will cause alot of difficulities in the house.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hey...Glad to see you gottem in Digger. I gave in and ordered the Kury Mini bullets because the bags will not sit right otherwise on my retro. I couldnt really put anybody on the back with the bags so far forward (retro problem). Im just waiting for those to come in.

Gotta love boredom though....went out and picked up a Volusia to play with in the mean time.

Hey if you don't mind me asking... Did you utilize the long spacers as a matter of necessity or do you just like the room between the bike and the bags??

·
Chrome Addict
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey...Glad to see you gottem in Digger. I gave in and ordered the Kury Mini bullets because the bags will not sit right otherwise on my retro. I couldnt really put anybody on the back with the bags so far forward (retro problem). Im just waiting for those to come in.

Gotta love boredom though....went out and picked up a Volusia to play with in the mean time.

Hey if you don't mind me asking... Did you utilize the long spacers as a matter of necessity or do you just like the room between the bike and the bags??
I used a couple of the spacers but i had to make a couple of custom ones at work. The bags were going to hit the shocks on my "C". Also i have a custom 2 second sissy set up that i made, my middle strut mount/rail has a "spool" where the sissy side frame goes into and the back latches around the farthest rear bolt on the rail. I also changed all the bag mounting hardware to Chrome button head screws, a lot cleaner ans smoother. I kind of like them with the space as well because it make the bike's stance a bit wider and is easy to "dust/clean" The bike has never been wet....LOL I would have it in the house if i had my way.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thats where, with the retro and Bullet Minis, I hope to be lucky. I believe they will sit ahead of the shocks which wil allow the legroom should I want to throw on the seat and a passenger.

We may be similar...almost had the bike in this winter after seeing what another had done with his X. It looked great inside his recroom.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts

I've got a 1800R and the national cycle bags and brackets fit great and come off with a 2 pin release. look them up you may like them better and cancel or return the minis if they're smaller. I have the Ultimate front back seat with a cobra high sissy bar and X ultimate backrest front and back rests with Cobra passemenger footplatforms,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts