Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
No help with the backrest or the easy brackets, but on the directions I got from Tsukayu it said to use the first and third fender rail bolt for mounting. You can PM TigerX, he has his mounted with a backrest and before you decide on using the easy brackets you might want to see how far off the fender they make the bags hang. Leaves you with about a 2+ inch gap between your bags and fender.
Who did your paint job hoss? That is freaking awesome. Love the colors! :cool:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Who did your paint job hoss? That is freaking awesome. Love the colors! :cool:
Kenny Reynolds. He's a local painter who is a retired automotive paint and body instructor from a nearby private university. He works out of a shop on his property and is low volume and only paints bikes now. He does mostly Harleys, but all bikes are welcome. I asked around, his name was mentioned, and I went to meet him and saw some of his work. Super-nice guy and he did a great job matching the factory colors for me. I appreciate the compliment, but the bike is actually kind of monotone and boring. I want to have him do some pinstripping on it at some point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
update

Here are some pictures of my bike with the bags all painted up and installed. These were taken inside HawkVTX's man-cave during the Alabama tech session last weekend. The bike was just ridden there in inclement weather, so it wasn't clean, but these will give you an idea. I will get some more posted later when it's nice out with a clean bike.
Holy hell shes a beauty! You are running the exact set up of Batwing and bags I want to run now I know what it will look like. Quick question, what does the script on the bags say?

121 - 124 of 124 Posts