Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently building a turbo kit for my 2003 Honda VTX 1300s because there isn't much that can be upgraded on these bikes
And looking a feedback on who would be interested in a bolt on turbo kit for the VTX 1800 and 1300 let's see what everybody has to say

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
you can gets the kits... from England. bolt on, kit

Reactions: sumdatx

·
FREEBIRD
7,779 Posts
Competition is good. Let's see what you got.👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where online can you buy this kit from England I've done a lot of research and the last time make it was made was in 2010 and that companies no longer exist the only person building bolt on turbo kits for V-Twin is Traks performance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not looking to build a big shop doing this. I'll be making every one of them by hand that are stainless steel and Tig welded together in my shop at home
I'm making a kit that is Affordable easy to install an available for the little guy that's trying to build a nice bike on a budget

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,675 Posts
I applaud your efforts for a ride last built in 2009. As mentioned on the "OA", you'll have to resolve what you can build for the carburated VTX1300 vs the newer and fuel injected VT1300's. Plus $1000 projected price tag may not be attractive to all - some for sure. That's what happened to the turbo effort in England: initially very good interest but when the pavement hit the road -- not very many at all.
(y)

Reactions: Wigit

·
Registered
8,402 Posts

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,675 Posts
Dyno'd to provide an increase of 50HP at 8 psi boost on a VTX1800F: Honda VTX Turbo - Big Low Bang Budget
Velocity Racing, turn key install for $12,000.00 -- in 2009 dollars.

and how many rear tires per year ?? and what measures would you take to not slide off ?? The 1800 is very stout as is -- JMHO

Reactions: Silver F

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
a S I D E note

you blow a head gasket or crack a cylinder head... one leg and the man parts could get FIRED.

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Is that $12,000 in '09 dollars for just the installed turbocharger or does that include the bike? Either way, that is crazy money. No matter what you do to a VTX, it will never be as fast as a liter bike that you could buy used for way less than $12,000. This would seem to fall into the category of too much time and money on their hands :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently building a turbo kit for my 2003 Honda VTX 1300s because there isn't much that can be upgraded on these bikes
And looking a feedback on who would be interested in a bolt on turbo kit for the VTX 1800 and 1300 let's see what everybody has to say
I'm in Houston - I would love to participate - what are the parameters?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts