Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a buddy with an 07 VTX 1300R that wants to replace his RT FT Turn Signal Assy since he broke the little tab that holds the lens cover while changing it out with the Kuryakyn Deep Dish Bezels; thanks. :patriot:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Not sure if the one I have will work or not. I have attached a couple of photos of it. If it works, pm me your address and I will mail to you. No cost!

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Not sure if the one I have will work or not. I have attached a couple of photos of it. If it works, pm me your address and I will mail to you. No cost!
That looks like the left rear.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
That looks like the left rear.

It is right side (note screw on bottom) front I think because of the angled mount....but I am not sure. I suppose it could be left rear but when I looked at my bike (a C) my left rear didn't have the angle. That is why I posted pics because I am really not sure. Hopefully he can look at his friend's bike and if it matches up it is his. Hope it works out!
:hmm2:

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
It is right side (note screw on bottom) front I think because of the angled mount....but I am not sure. I suppose it could be left rear but when I looked at my bike (a C) my left rear didn't have the angle. That is why I posted pics because I am really not sure. Hopefully he can look at his friend's bike and if it matches up it is his. Hope it works out!
:hmm2:
Sorry if I was wrong.
The angle is why I said it looked like a left rear. I didn't think the fronts had an angled boot, and it looks just like the left rear I just took off my R when I replaced the fender (the tapered fender is why it has the angle).

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks rgrahn for offering your turn signal lamp. I went and looked at the right front turn signal lamp on my bike since it is the same as my friend's bike, and it doesn't look the same to me. Here are some pics that I took, maybe you be able to tell if it the right one or not.

I would hate to put you through all the trouble of mailing this signal lamp to me and then be the wrong one and someone else on here needing it. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Well, after looking at your photos I have to agree. Must be a different signal on the T and R models than the C (which I have). Sorry I couldn't help!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, after looking at your photos I have to agree. Must be a different signal on the T and R models than the C (which I have). Sorry I couldn't help!
I appreciate you offering it to me for my friend; maybe someone else will need it and then you can offer it to them.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas; Take care and have a great day and a happy new year!:patriot:

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
If it is just the housing that is broken, a left rear will work just fine. I have recently remove all 4 of my housings to send off for some 'Special' work ;) and have found them to be identical. They were very simple to remove. Remove lens, 2 screws at the back of the fixture, remove the metal plate, wiggle the housing off. Right front and Left rear are the same housing. Left front and Right rear are the same also. The metal plate has the ground wire tacked to the back of it. Just remove it by bending it back and forth.
Put a connector like I have pictured on the ground wire. When you reassemble, put that under one of the long screws that hold the metal plate in. Maybe hit it with a little solder before you put the bulb back in. Back in business! I have an extra, gutted, left rear/right front housing sitting here if you want it. It has a minor scuff on the bottom side.

Ray

Extra turn signal came to me via Flying Dutchman. (Thanks Jerry!)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it is just the housing that is broken, a left rear will work just fine. I have recently remove all 4 of my housings to send off for some 'Special' work ;) and have found them to be identical. They were very simple to remove. Remove lens, 2 screws at the back of the fixture, remove the metal plate, wiggle the housing off. Right front and Left rear are the same housing. Left front and Right rear are the same also. The metal plate has the ground wire tacked to the back of it. Just remove it by bending it back and forth.
Put a connector like I have pictured on the ground wire. When you reassemble, put that under one of the long screws that hold the metal plate in. Maybe hit it with a little solder before you put the bulb back in. Back in business! I have an extra, gutted, left rear/right front housing sitting here if you want it. It has a minor scuff on the bottom side.

Ray

Extra turn signal came to me via Flying Dutchman. (Thanks Jerry!)

Thanks Ray for the info and for offering me the extra housing which is what he needs to replace. Sent you a PM with my address info. :patriot:

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Thanks Ray for the info and for offering me the extra housing which is what he needs to replace. Sent you a PM with my address info. :patriot:
Not a problem. I was blessed with this extra signal from Flying Dutchman. Now I'll just pass it on to you as your need/your friends need is greater than mine.

Help someone else the same way someday. :)

Ray

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a problem. I was blessed with this extra signal from Flying Dutchman. Now I'll just pass it on to you as your need/your friends need is greater than mine.

Help someone else the same way someday. :)

Ray
I appreciate it Ray and I will most definetly "pay it forward;" thanks again. :patriot:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts