Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
The only thing I see I don’t like is those wire splices. They make a bad spot in the wire which leads to corrosion. Solder dielectric and heat shrink in my opinion.

Ride free ride safe

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
The only thing I see I don’t like is those wire splices. They make a bad spot in the wire which leads to corrosion. Solder dielectric and heat shrink in my opinion.

Ride free ride safe
Yeah I wouldn't use those either but the kit looks good.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Vampire clips..... should be out-law-ed...

if a bike came to my garage with 4 or more clips.. I cut them out... they will sever the factory wires. cause oxidation, connection problems.

some years ago.. I put into the trash.. maybe 200 un-used vampire clips.. I will not use them. period.

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Vampire clips..... should be out-law-ed...

if a bike came to my garage with 4 or more clips.. I cut them out... they will sever the factory wires. cause oxidation, connection problems.

some years ago.. I put into the trash.. maybe 200 un-used vampire clips.. I will not use them. period.
I won’t use the either it’s solder and heat shrink any time I do wiring jobs.

Ride free ride safe

·
FREEBIRD
7,437 Posts
My Dad made this for his shadow.works very well as a reminder.
https://youtu.be/Fc4BdPl9NaQ
There was a member here that installed a small reminder light on each side of the inner fairing. If the signal was on, the corresponding reminder light was flashing. It acted as an added signal to those riding or driving behind you.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
many of us have reminders......I have the butt buddy....my seat buzzes to remind me that the turn signal is on...however......if you are paying attention to the road, you may ignore those reminders and leave the turn signal on.....I'm sure many have ridden with friends who have done that......and it's a safety issue....a car might pass you inappropriately with your signal on. so this is an important safety issue. I may try it.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I really miss the Rivco turn-signal mirrors I had: reminder and safety combined. https://www.amazon.com/Rivco-Products-Custom-Mirror-Accent/dp/B0041PWH88
Yep, pretty pricey but very well made, bright led red arrow to remind you it's on and a amber led light for the front. Only problem I had was dealing with the micro sized wiring, trying to solder/heat-shrink and not break a wire.
They certainly let you know they were on and other drivers certainly saw them (a little out of the ordinary caught their attention) ..... :47b20s0:

·
The Dude That Rides
2,418 Posts
Turn signals....hmmm......I know I've heard of them before.......

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
I have the Kissan. I took it off, because I did not have it installed properly. It too has vampire clips, but I want to do the splice, solder and coat routine instead. It does cancels turn signals, and also will keep the blink slow when you go to LED bulbs.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
IndyX;3194826 This other one is made in US and looks like it was made for our style of bike... [url said:
http://www.kriss.com/tscancel.php[/url]
Ordered one of these last week should be delivered tomorrow. I have the signal mirrors & installed a led indicater bar and still forget to turn them off sometimes. Hope this works!!!!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
Ordered one of these last week should be delivered tomorrow. I have the signal mirrors & installed a led indicater bar and still forget to turn them off sometimes. Hope this works!!!!
Post a review of it for the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts