Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have watched some reviews of the sts system. Apparently one failed completely but they sent him a new one. He noted that making small lean lane changes it sometimes will not cancel.
I'll stick with the LTTC system, works well for me, I don't forget to cancel very often.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I, also, put in my email. Loads of notices, offers with coupon, special offers. They are too aggressive for my taste. The result of all of this is that I concentrate more on turning the signal off after my turn. Eventually it will be as natural as closing a drawer after I get something out of it, lifting the lid, etc. LTTC? Left thumb, ?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I, also, put in my email. Loads of notices, offers with coupon, special offers. They are too aggressive for my taste. The result of all of this is that I concentrate more on turning the signal off after my turn. Eventually it will be as natural as closing a drawer after I get something out of it, lifting the lid, etc. LTTC? Left thumb, ?
turn control

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just ordered the STS system. We’ll see how long it takes to get here with standard shipping. Paid $89.90 free standard shipping. For that price I figured I have nothing to lose but $90.
I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got the STS system in the mail today. Ordered on March 21st. Here is what was in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
I usally run with turn signals blinking five minutes after making a turn, might need something like this. :patriot:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll start a new thread on installation and first few rides. Unfortunately the bike is still in the shed due to the cold. It's coming out on Wednesday to go in for tire changes. Then I have a few items to replace/upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one in route now. I bought both the smart brake and smart turn signal. If you would post pictures of your install and where you ended up mounting it that would be awesome. Also the foam thingys..that has me more concerned than any of it. The instructions off their site show it wired in the headlight? Im a new rider, and cannot seem to remember to turn it off when I turn. I also don't remember to close drawers. :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have one in route now. I bought both the smart brake and smart turn signal. If you would post pictures of your install and where you ended up mounting it that would be awesome. Also the foam thingys..that has me more concerned than any of it. The instructions off their site show it wired in the headlight? Im a new rider, and cannot seem to remember to turn it off when I turn. I also don't remember to close drawers. :(
I'm not installing it in the headlight bucket. More than likely i'll be installing it under the right cover just under the seat. I have their instructions printed and the wiring prints for my bike ready to go. My plan is to take pictures and maybe write a "how to" on a fresh thread.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,195 Posts
And to think that I have been using my thumb all these years... =D
Yep it's one of those memory things got in habit during bike class. I do appreciate the idea though. I see plenty that need the self cancel on cars too. Lol

·
Super Moderator
5,436 Posts
And to think that I have been using my thumb all these years... =D
Ya,..................I'll bet you are one of them young whipper snappers!!!! Us old folks need all the remember help we can get!!!!! :gah: :doh: :swear: :tapfoot: :stirpot:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I will, but it will have to warm up before I can install it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
I got my KRISS turn signal canceler installed. First I thought I bought the wrong one. The wiring diagram for the VTX1800 available in the service manual that we can get here on the cafe is for a C & I thought they are all the same---WRONG---! The wiring diagram shows a 3 wire flasher, so that is what I ordered. When I got ready to install it I couldn't find the three wire flasher. I did some more research & found that the 2005 N uses an eight wire flasher. I called KRISS to see what I could do. I talked to George Kriss himself & he explained how to test the 8 wire flasher & find the proper wires to hook into. George is a great guy talked to him for an hour & half. He explained why his products cost a bit more than the others. He is also an airplane re-builder/pilot & component developer. Everything he designs & builds is to aviation standards.

I got it installed behind the right side cover. Went for a ride yesterday to try it out. It worked just like it is supposed to. The signals will stay on as long as you apply the brake. Once the brake is released the signal will flash approximately 23 (adjustable to 15) times & shut off. No mods are made to the switch on the bars. You do have to push the switch in to recenter it before using the signals again. I think that I will adjust the count down to 15 flashes for my style of riding.

·
The Dude That Rides
2,418 Posts
If you ever think your job is worthless, just remember that it's someone's job to install turn signals on BMWs.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my KRISS turn signal canceler installed. First I thought I bought the wrong one. The wiring diagram for the VTX1800 available in the service manual that we can get here on the cafe is for a C & I thought they are all the same---WRONG---! The wiring diagram shows a 3 wire flasher, so that is what I ordered. When I got ready to install it I couldn't find the three wire flasher. I did some more research & found that the 2005 N uses an eight wire flasher. I called KRISS to see what I could do. I talked to George Kriss himself & he explained how to test the 8 wire flasher & find the proper wires to hook into. George is a great guy talked to him for an hour & half. He explained why his products cost a bit more than the others. He is also an airplane re-builder/pilot & component developer. Everything he designs & builds is to aviation standards.

I got it installed behind the right side cover. Went for a ride yesterday to try it out. It worked just like it is supposed to. The signals will stay on as long as you apply the brake. Once the brake is released the signal will flash approximately 23 (adjustable to 15) times & shut off. No mods are made to the switch on the bars. You do have to push the switch in to recenter it before using the signals again. I think that I will adjust the count down to 15 flashes for my style of riding.
So how much did this cost you out the door. I don't want to join squat and pay 12.95 to find out how much costs.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hey Homey, it was $142.95 to my door. Rode about 125 miles last week end & it worked great. I adjusted it to 15 flashes & am happy with that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info, that's expensive and I really have a bad feeling about his website and style of "membership" so I will keep looking.I may just add some leds since I already cut the wires. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The "membership" reduces the shipping & gives you access to George. He told me he did it to cut down on the non-customers that wanted "free" info/help & wouldn't buy anything (time is money) like I posted above he talked to me for over an hour. good luck on your situation!

·
Registered
8 Posts
got it right

I got the sts installed and working and I must admit its pretty cool. I followed the document that showed it installed in the headlight but it wouldn't work on my bike in that location. I installed it about a foot away from the turn signal switch and its working fine now. Here is what it looks like before I tuck it out of sight and add some heat shrink over the bullet connectors. sts.jpg

21 - 40 of 41 Posts