Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the weather turns cold my turn signals won't work properly. There is usually at least a 20 second delay before they start blinking. Sometime they won't work at all, especially the right side. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
560 Posts
are they stock? have you installed a lightbar? if not you may have caused something like a loose connection, bulb inserted wrong or plugged a wire in incorrectly. kinda hard o say need more information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are stock and have never been touched. Warm weather they work great. The problem starts at 60 degrees or lower. (not really cold )

·
Dapper Dave
2,805 Posts
Check those connections

are they stock? have you installed a lightbar? if not you may have caused something like a loose connection, bulb inserted wrong or plugged a wire in incorrectly. kinda hard o say need more information.
+1 Temperatures cause materials to expand when its warm and contract when it is cold. You may have a loose connection even if you yourself have not made any changes. The switch located on the bar is easy to get to, there are just two philips screws and the headlight where your connections go to is easily slipped off after removing a few screws.

I would look at these two areas because they are so accesible. At the switch check for a tight connection with a small philips screwdriver. Inside the headlight housing check for a loose connector.

Just my .02

PS: I didn't suggest anything else (other locations) because this appears to be your only problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts