Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nick
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this problem is not as urgent as some of the problems on this page, but...

I have a clear alternatives brake/turn signal setup in the back with the load eq. for slower blink rate. Stock turn signals in the front. I have run the system this way for a couple of years with no problems.

This morning on my way to work, it stopped flashing. Now, I get a constant on, left or right. The front and the rear light up, but do not blink.

Could this be a bad flasher unit (if there is such a thing?)? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Nick
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I thought at first too, but wouldn't that mean that the signal would not get brighter when it is turned on?

When I turn the signal on, the light actually gets brighter too, it just doesn't flash.

·
Registered
294 Posts
CTOF - Check The Obvious First.

If the flasher filament is gone, the circuit is still complete and would allow more current to flow to the remaining good (running light) filament. I half remember this happening to me a year or so ago.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
So...none of the blinkers flash? But they are all on? I'd look at the flasher gizmo under the right side side cover. Bare's site has all the info concerning a Universal flasher as well as an diode needs when mixing standard bulbs with LEDs... http://www.bareasschoppers.com/

Bull

·
Nick
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for responses.

I rode at lunch just now, and everything worked just fine. :banghead:

Probably have a loose connection somewhere.

·
Seasoned Member
876 Posts
Ok, so this problem is not as urgent as some of the problems on this page, but...

I have a clear alternatives brake/turn signal setup in the back with the load eq. for slower blink rate. Stock turn signals in the front. I have run the system this way for a couple of years with no problems.

This morning on my way to work, it stopped flashing. Now, I get a constant on, left or right. The front and the rear light up, but do not blink.

Could this be a bad flasher unit (if there is such a thing?)? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Have you checked your turn signal fluid?
Coopi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts