Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much thought and prayer it looks like I'll be leaving Florida for good. With everything going on, especially a baby on the way, my wife and I are headed back to my home in Texas. I really didn't see it coming but it looks like it's what's in store for the next chapter. We will be here a couple more months just to make sure and get all our details in order, especially with the house but even that looks like things are falling into place rather quickly. It's nice to be transitioning on a good note, it looks to be all positives ahead. Florida has been good to both my wife and I. I really did a lot of growing up here and got an opportunity to share life with some of the best people you could ask for. I also met the love of my life here and those are things you just can't replace. I'll still be here on the cafe, just checking in from a new location, if all goes smooth I think we'll be headed out sometime in mid February. Some things need to be in order before then but it looks like it's going to be a pretty smooth transition. I guess it's back to the motherland for me, no regrets, no complaints, I've got a lot to look forward to, but there are some things that won't be easy to leave behind.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Best of luck to you both Joey. I hope we can get a few more rides in before you head back.

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
I'm happy for you, sounds like you have made numerous friends, but there is nothing like the motherland. Wishing you and wife a happy journey!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I have to say Congrats!! I'd love to move home (Texas as well) but it's just not in the cards for me right now. I've been trying for two years and have just thrown in the towel and bought a house so I'm done trying for a few more years.
Good luck with the transition. Hope all continues to go smooth for ya'll.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Best of luck to you! :cheers:

I just got back from a Florida vacation - Great people & riding there. But will be glad to welcome you home. Let us know when you arrive & where you will be located. :choppersm

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts
I guess it'll make it easier wearing that Longhorn t-shirt when you get out of Gator country.
What Gator Country?? They went 4-4 in conference and lost to Florida State. I can't find any Gator fans today. Maybe they'll be quiet till next year.

Wishing you the best arkin. Good luck.

Geezer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts