Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twenty years ago I hired on with my present company digging ditches and now I am thier Director of Capital Projects and have one person that has seniority on me. It has really been quite the ride, I'm glad that I stuck it out thru the rough times.
I can remember the day I started like it was yesterday, except now I'm about 75lbs heavier and a lot grayer.
I guess that the days of Gold Watches are gone but I am happy with a Plaque and a bonus check! :cool:

·
Registered
745 Posts
thats along time at one place i know i will have 20 years in next sept. at the place im working at. congrats for sticking it out. times haved changed :cheers:

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,118 Posts
Congrats Marty!! That is rare in these times. Not many people are loyal to one company for that long and far fewer companies are that loyal to their employees.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Congrats Marty, It's nice to see recognition given these days where people are seen as throwaways.
I have been with my company for 14 years and hope to be around many more.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats along time at one place i know i will have 20 years in next sept. at the place im working at. congrats for sticking it out. times haved changed :cheers:
Congrats on your time as well I know that it aint easy!

Congrats Marty!! That is rare in these times. Not many people are loyal to one company for that long and far fewer companies are that loyal to their employees.
I had a few offers over the years that were better but I really like working for this outfit and they are like Family .

Congrats Marty! Good job!
Thanks!

Congrats Marty, It's nice to see recognition given these days where people are seen as throwaways.
I have been with my company for 14 years and hope to be around many more.
one of our companies big qualities is a small company attitude were everyone acts like family.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Congrats Marty, nice to hear that you received a bonus check as well. The plaque is nice and all but you can't buy chrome with a plaque.

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
Congrats Marty! I myself am knocking on 11 years with the same agency. Anymore its a rare thing to stick it out with the same job. I think I heard a stat one time that the average person has at least 7 jobs in their lifetime. If I stick this out I will have close to 45 years before I hang my hat on retirement day. I guess you might be close to that also.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats Marty :cheers: Hope you have many more great years with them!
Thanks I hope I get to add 20 more with them!

Marty congrats on this milestone and that your company appreciates your efforts.

Good on ya!
Thanks and yes they are a great outfit.

Congrats Marty, nice to hear that you received a bonus check as well. The plaque is nice and all but you can't buy chrome with a plaque.
Hey that is just what my GF said well she left out the Chrome part!

Congrats Marty! I myself am knocking on 11 years with the same agency. Anymore its a rare thing to stick it out with the same job. I think I heard a stat one time that the average person has at least 7 jobs in their lifetime. If I stick this out I will have close to 45 years before I hang my hat on retirement day. I guess you might be close to that also.
Wow I actually thought that the number would be higher than 7 this is my third here. Yes I have about another twenty to go until I start looking at Central America for retiement!!

Congrat's... considering that is almost unheard of these days.
Fortunatley we have quite a few of 10 -15 year people at our company.

Congrats Marty !!! Knowing you, they are lucky to have you. Hope your next stretch is even better for ya.
Thanks Ed, I hope that I get another great twenty here!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Congrads Marty ! In Janauray I'll be with my employer for 28 years. Not bad for a 47 year old !:icon_mrha Started as a Labor now a Supt. ! I hope to give them another few for/sure then all bets are off !

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
congrats, Marty...it's nice to be appreciated at work!!:mosh:
Thanks Epi!

Very cool! Congrats Marty. :cheers:
Take that bonus and start your motorcycle pictorial of America book. ;)
most of that bonus went to pay for some of the latest trip and I got the GF a make her happy gift!

Congrads Marty ! In Janauray I'll be with my employer for 28 years. Not bad for a 47 year old !:icon_mrha Started as a Labor now a Supt. ! I hope to give them another few for/sure then all bets are off !
Wow that is incredible!! Talk about Loyalty hopefully I will make it that long.

Congrats Marty, working on 19 now and will be 20 in Feb. if everything works out.
Congrats Feb will be here and one before you know it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts