Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone in the dayton or surrounding area has one of these seats, been thinking of getting a new seat and after sitting on the Mid rider I don't like how it positions me on the bike, leans me back to far

Thanks

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Low-ride will let your thighs be closer - not so wide of a seat in that area.
Your legs will not have to go out so far then down. If you are short it will help a lot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I was in Indiana about 2 weeks ago visiting family :) if I had posted this earlier I could have made a side trip before I came home

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds good, have to keep in contact with you so when I get another weekend that I can get out for a while we can meet.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I will be out of town 6/22 through 6/27 so that time frame is out, but other than that any time should work for me. I work third shift, so an early morning meet up would be best for me, but whatever you can do, I will try to make it.

Another thing I thought of, mine is for an R model and I see you have a C. I don't know if the seats are different other than the mounting, but something to consider. Maybe someone else could answer that for us.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work 3rds also but with my kids I'm not able to get out in the morning, so for me the weekend is better, I would say we could me this weekend but it's still to early in the week, I'll post a message around Thurs, I should have a better idea about work and so on, let me know if this works for you

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not working this weekend but my wife is, so I won't be able to get out this weekend

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I just installed the 240 wide tire kit on my 1300 C. I wish that I could use my Ultimate low rider seat with the new set up but it won't work. I loved the seat but if you try one out just let me know and I can make ya a good deal on mine. I have the solo with drivers backrest.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
give me a price and we'll talk

thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Low Rider I'm willing to do a straight trade if you like. It seats me too far forward for leg length. I know it's been a while, but I just purchased my bike with the seat on it.

I will be out of town 6/22 through 6/27 so that time frame is out, but other than that any time should work for me. I work third shift, so an early morning meet up would be best for me, but whatever you can do, I will try to make it.

Another thing I thought of, mine is for an R model and I see you have a C. I don't know if the seats are different other than the mounting, but something to consider. Maybe someone else could answer that for us.
The seat for the R will not fit the C

1 - 14 of 14 Posts