Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

First off, i want to say that i have only been in this forum for 2 months and i have asked several questions. Each time, you guys and gals have quickly provided help/feedback each time and it is greatly appreciated! You are all awesome!

Now, the issue.... I had to replace my fuel line as it was cracked and leaking. By happenstance, I noticed that there is a disconnected hose behind my left-side engine cover. I have been looking at this for several hours, off and on and i cannot figure out where it is supposed to go. Does anyone have any idea where this hose goes? I bought the bike used in February so it has been disconnected for at least 5 months and i haven't noticed any issues while riding the bike. Any help or suggestion is much appreciated and as first stated, you guys and gals are awesome.

The bike is a 2004 VTX1300C

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Motor vehicle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cannot see fully where it is attached but it is either a crankcase breather hose or part of the pair valve system. I think it is more likely part of the crankcase breather system. Does the plastic nipple end have an opening in it? If so, is this opening oily? The crankcase breather hose should connect into the back of the air box. At the top of each cylinder, is there another hose coming out of the raised/bump covers that cover the pair valves? Do these hoses join together at a tee and then go into the back of the air box?
I am almost positive it it the crankcase breather hose. After looking closer, it it slightly oily. Is it really bad on the bike to leave this unhooked? I have a ride planned for tomorrow and I have no time to take the bike apart and to possibly buy a new hose to get it hooked up to the back of the airbox. If it will damage the bike, I will cancel my trip otherwise I will get this taken care of next weekend. I imagine it won't cause damage as it's been like this for a while but I want to know your thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, it will NOT damage the bike. Go on your ride/trip and have a great time.

When attached correctly, it just goes into the back of the airbox. The only drawback to leaving it in the current state is that a tiny amount of oil mist will be blown out of that hose and get onto the top of the engine possibly making a mess. This will NOT increase your oil usage. In the correct configuration, the oil mist just collects inside the airbox and drains into the shorth capped oil collection hose coming out of the bottom of the reservoir.
Awesome, thank you very much for always helping out. I did see some gunk on the top of the motor but not much. Looked like any 2 stoke dirtbike carb I have ever seen that's had a tiny leak. Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are welcome. Not trying to discourage you from hooking it up, I have it hooked up on mine, just stressing the importance of checking it afterwards
Yeah. I'm the type of person that would think about it constantly and I would end up checking it over and over again. It's a disease, I swear. Haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts