Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 1300R with the Kury ISO grips. Has anyone used the universal ($30) cruise control with those grips? I Like the Brake away Cruise for $179 but does it attach to grips in similar way as the universal type? Anyone have it installed with the ISO grips?

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
The Brakeaway throttle can absolutely be installed over Kuryakyn ISO grips. I have installed three of these over Kuryakyn ISO grips. It is a tight squeeze and you will need some soapy water to wiggle the circular part of the throttle lock over the rubber pads on the grip but it can absolutely be done and once installed it works great. Of course, this is just a fancy throttle lock and NOT a true cruise control. The Brakeaway is the Cadillac of throttle locks and is very finicky to get adjusted properly but once adjusted, works great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the break away as well. As mentioned, a tight squeeze over the kury grips but dish soap takes care of that. Also as mentioned it will take a bit to adjust but it is not bad. I have not had to do anything since it was installed and it does work great as a throttle lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts