Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to unlink the breaks on the vtx1800? I hate not having normal control (pressing one brake and both activating) It makes it a real bitch when trying to burnout...

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
I knew the rear brakes were linked to the front, but didn't know the fronts were linked to the rear:hmm2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could just be a dumb ass... I just know that i have more of a problem burning out on my vtx than i do on my 1979 suzuki GS1000 and i did not think that should be the case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
One piston of the front brakes is activated when the rear brake is applied - the front brake lever has no control over the rear brake.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
One piston of the front brakes is activated when the rear brake is applied - the front brake lever has no control over the rear brake.
+1 - That's the way I understand it also. :)

·
2,807 Posts
correct...not linked unless you push rear brake pedal. Front lever is front brakes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Brakes

But Yes
you can D-Link the entire system
Plan to do it here soon

LATE

·
Invisible one
96 Posts
Quick related question about the linked. I can not and have never been able to lock the rear wheel when riding is this normal for the linked system?

·
Lost soul
34 Posts
Quick related question about the linked. I can not and have never been able to lock the rear wheel when riding is this normal for the linked system?

I also have never been able to lock the rear tire. I think its almost like a pre-ABS brake system on the X. I do think the X stops with more control in a panic type stop. Could be just me though.

Jason

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
Yes that's part the way its designed.

I delinked mine its not that hard to do, but for the avg rider this is something I would not suggest to do.

I could just be a dumb ass... I just know that i have more of a problem burning out on my vtx than i do on my 1979 suzuki GS1000 and i did not think that should be the case.
Try 2nd gear ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes that's part the way its designed.
I've been able to lock mine up...:hmm2:
Course, I was riding to a stop through the water the sprinklers were throwing out on the road.
I haven't tried to lock up the rear tire on dry though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts