Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have the 04 vtx 1300C and im needing to replace the vacuum piston or whatever they call it, the rubber boot i call it where the needle jet is located the rubber is cracked and split ive heard that its hard to replace and some have to sometimes cut or grind some to replace it so anyone ever do this or any input would help thanks

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,068 Posts
You don't cut or grind anything. Order a new vacuum piston online. Remove top 4 screws on carb. Move over needle and spring etc. Install new one with the corner notch lined up. Replace screws. Ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't cut or grind anything. Order a new vacuum piston online. Remove top 4 screws on carb. Move over needle and spring etc. Install new one with the corner notch lined up. Replace screws. Ride.
This is what im talking about it shows a whole piece but others said its only the rubber you get not whole thing like in pic so thats why im confused

Attachments

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,068 Posts
This is what im talking about it shows a whole piece but others said its only the rubber you get not whole thing like in pic so thats why im confused
Exactly like picture it is one piece.

How do you know you need this? Have you not looked at what you have now?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly like picture it is one piece.

How do you know you need this? Have you not looked at what you have now?
Ok thx and when i took carb apart to clean it i seen it was cracked and split like its dry about to bust open

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,068 Posts
It's a very easy fix. Shop around before ordering online prices and shipping vary significantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts