·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new tire is on and problem solved

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Interesting - Is/was there a possibility it wasn't seated all the the way around the rim evenly - probably will never know know. I'm wondering igf it would have been going up and down the same at the bead.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Interesting - Is/was there a possibility it wasn't seated all the the way around the rim evenly - probably will never know know. I'm wondering igf it would have been going up and down the same at the bead.
Good point I know that when I mount my own tires that I have to keep a real close eye on how they seat. I had one that was a PITA to get to set true all the way around.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Good point I know that when I mount my own tires that I have to keep a real close eye on how they seat. I had one that was a PITA to get to set true all the way around.
I agree - I have seen even car tires that way. You know it might have been possible to just break the bead down then moisten the bead with some dish soap so the beads moves smoothy and then re seat it. A dry bead could do that. And the dish soap would just dry and not cause any problems.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the bead was the second thing checked. the tire was dismounted and remounted with no change

i did have an issue with bead not on all the way on a different tire. and it doesnt feel like what this one did. it felt like the bike was wobbling left and right not up and down. it wasnt really a vibration more of a shake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts