Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

VTX 1300 - Air Cleaner Recommendations

9K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  D Day 
#1 ·
Hey, new to the board... I have a VTX 1300T, just purchased V&H cruzer pipes and they should arrive any day. Now, for the next upgrade... looking for air cleaner. Any recommendations?? Küryakyn Skull Air Cleaner Kits (K&N high-flow filter element) look cool, but how's the performance?

Thanks...:choppersm

#3 ·
I also like the looks of the stock on the R, S and T.
I did the decap and added a grill mod by SPyKER.
http://whypush.com/

#5 ·
Someone say my name? :)

If I can be of assistance, just let me know.

#6 ·
Do it for the looks, not the performance gain.

Its debateable how much of a performance gain you get, primarily because you're looking at modifying the carb, depending on the air intake you choose.. Anywhere from a simple adjustment, to adding shims to a needle, to a full-on re-jet.. Thats where the little (and it is minor... you can feel it, but Id doubt much would show up on a Dyno) boost comes from for the most part.

-Gonz

#7 ·
Appreciate all the feedback. I was checking out Spyker mods, anyone have pictures of their bikes with Marine Corps Eagle Globe & Anchor and/or 3 Crosses/Iron Cross? Look good on the site but would like to see how it looks on the bike. Ride safe.... :choppersm

#8 ·
I can mock up any combination you want to see. I can't easily get to the airbox side of the bike to show you them on it yet. The snow just melted yesterday. ;-)

#14 ·
Bassdude what do you mean they are not available anymore.. Do you mean if you screw up you cant get a new one from the dealer??

#19 ·
Congratulations on the V&H cruzers. I run with those and love the sound. Put a Kury Pro R Hypercharger on mine for better breathing. Lots of good air boxes to choose from and examples of custom work here. Go with the look you like would be my 2 cent. D Day:choppersm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.