Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my bike is a big project, I probably wouldn't even enjoy it if i bought a tricked out bike with nothing to mod/fix/customize. I bought an R and decided very quickly that i hate the front fender (no offense, just personal preference), and not sure whether I like the R rear fender or not yet.

So I decided to convert my bike to a C model (Which was mostly a success). I bought basically all the body pieces for a C and all the chrome to replace the ones on my fake (the chrome on mine was in "crap" condition).

1. I replaced the tank, rear fender, fender rails, rear shocks, I engine chrome.
  2. I added 2" fork extensions, and removed the chrome fork covers.
  3. I removed the R front fender but could not install the C because of a tire clearance issue, so for now the front is naked.
Here is before

And After

Overall I am happy with the result, the 2" extensions are great! Highly recommended!!! The naked front fender hasn't presented any issues as long as the roads are dry, the new chrome looks great!

Next...
I already ordered powder coated black drag bars, making custom exhaust, and then I'm going to order lower rear shocks to drop the rear end.

Now... I'm looking for opinions, and reviews (Although I could care less since I like it), and Ideas for future mods, paint colors, schemes, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They show up for me? I parsed the link in... I wonder why only i can see them?

Either way I attached the pics too so now they should be viewable

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ha ha ha... Yes I knew that. It was to color match with the C rear fender until I get around to painting. And because mine is used daily so I need pretty much 2 of everything so the paint can dry and I can still ride.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been thinking about what I want to sell. I need some pieces do have on the bike while i paint the others but i idk if i need the R rear. Are you local (Tampa).

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I think it looks badass without the front fender. As long as you can keep the little rocks and pebbles slinging up from dinging up the front end of the bike I'd go with it like that. That being said...they put fenders on there for a reason.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I like it too, no problems so far unless the roads are wet. Then it kicks up debris and I look like the creature from the black lagoon. I think it will look even better when i black out the forks and the rim (not the spokes).

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
are you gonna be doing the C rims? How about the C seat? Looks good so far, a lot different than your avatar pic. Keep it goin, man. :mosh: bry

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i live in west virginia willing to pay shipping
How much were you looking to spend? on ebay they go for 200 w/ 125 shipping to like 300 w /65 shipping. Im not really looking to make a ton. Just a little back off what I spent on the C setup.

Why ask for opinions...if you could care less :hmm2:

Just asking?

That was more in regards to the reviews... I value opinions on my work, and opinions on how it looks or what to do next. But when I posted my blacked out engine I got alot of "wouldnt do it to my bike" comments. And thats cool, I still wanna hear what people think. Im just stating Im not going to change my mods / future setup over an opinion.

Alot of the mods I do to my bike are from a different perspective, Im a younger generation then most riders on here. Basically saying I value opinions but Im not looking to please anyone.

JP, from the pic it looks as if the R seat molds to the shape of the C fender. Is this true. I'm looking for a solo and don't hate the stock yet.
The R solo seat does fit perfectly on the C fender. It actually looks really good. However the brackets on the R seat are straight and the C fender rails are angled. So it doesnt bolt straight up. You have 3 options (that I considered at least).

1. Remove the brackets off of the R seat and run the seat not bolted down. Its not going anywhere with me sitting on it.

2. Remove the brackets off of the R seat and place suction cups to the seat that stick the fender.

3. Try and mod / fabricate the R seat brackets to work with the C fender rail.

I just did the first because I decided to mod my seat by removing foam and cutting the plastic so I sit lower and further back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm doing the same project but in reverse. I'm going from the C model to the R model but keeping the C front fender but possibly throwing on the undertaker front fender. All i'm waiting for in the mail is my new seat to fit the R fender.

First Week Of Owning Bike only add on was the Batwing Fairing:

Next I added a LoPro seat from American SideRoad Cycles and lower shocks in the rear and new drag bars for a better reach:

I've added on the R fender already but no pictures yet I didn't want to take any until I have my new seat which I also got from American SideRoad Cycles, but here's a pic with the C fender removed:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts