Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,178 Posts
The consensus experience here on the Cafe is that $50 batteries are not a good choice. Their lifespan is very short and too high a fraction of them are DOA.

Many here really like the Yuasa brand of batteries but you are likely to pay in the $100-$150 range for one.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
842 Posts
Many here really like the Yuasa brand of batteries but you are likely to pay in the $100-$150 range for one.
But worth it!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The consensus experience here on the Cafe is that $50 batteries are not a good choice. Their lifespan is very short and too high a fraction of them are DOA.

I went ahead and purchased a Yuasa. It was exactly $100.
Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Super Moderator
12,178 Posts
You made a good choice. Hope it helps address your bike problems.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Do you have a recommendation for a new battery?
My $.02, get the Yuasa and have peace of mind. Back in 2016, I was still on the original battery and decided it was just time to change it out. I put in a cheaper Bike Master battery. It lasted 7 or 8 weeks. It was maintained with a battery tender just as the old one was. Wanted to go to a local car/bike show that Fri. eve, backed her out, turned the key, nothing. Learned my lesson and immediately the next day bought a Yuasa, and haven't had another battery issue since. It's your money. Do as you want. But you were advised.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My $.02, get the Yuasa and have peace of mind. Back in 2016, I was still on the original battery and decided it was just time to change it out. I put in a cheaper Bike Master battery. It lasted 7 or 8 weeks. It was maintained with a battery tender just as the old one was. Wanted to go to a local car/bike show that Fri. eve, backed her out, turned the key, nothing. Learned my lesson and immediately the next day bought a Yuasa, and haven't had another battery issue since. It's your money. Do as you want. But you were advised.
This is exactly what happened to me. The window to return it has passed on the 7th of July. I will have the Yuasa with me in just a couple of days.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Anybody here has the cover of the stock air box? Mine was neglected for years and is all scratched. It's an eye sore.
If you have what I am looking for, please let me know.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Anybody here has the cover of the stock air box? Mine was neglected for years and is all scratched. It's an eye sore.
If you have what I am looking for, please let me know.
Try some chrome polish and a buffer or buffing wheel on a bench grinder. It may not take out all the scratches but the smaller ones it should. BTW, the airbox covers, if still available, should not be too expensive. I have a 'SPyKER' mod airbox cover, and when he modified mine, I gave him my old one and bought a brand new one from him. At that time they were less than $50. After he modded mine, with a custom grille cutout and blue LED backlight, it was only a tad over $100. Unfortunately he ran into a job/ lifechange/ move across country, and never resumed this side venture.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have had the main 30 Amps fuse blow up several times. I figured that the cause is the Bluetooth sound system. I simply removed the ground connection for this sound system. I want to troubleshoot it. However, I have no clue how it was put together. Anybody knows what the wiring for the Tsuyaku Bluetooth sound system is?

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Are the air filters for the vtx 1300 and vtx 1800 interchangeable? They looked the same to me in pictures.
Same airbox cover, so yes.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
842 Posts
Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
18,246 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I read somewhere in this forum that I needed to use Gasket Maker to have a tight seal between the aftermarket air box and the carb. I did. The bike now runs better than ever.
I also just sold my C50 to a nice gentleman that wanted a midsize cruiser with zero issues.
The vtx 1300 is not a fast or quick bike. However, it has tons of power for 2-up riding.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
I read somewhere in this forum that I needed to use Gasket Maker to have a tight seal between the aftermarket air box and the carb. I did. The bike now runs better than ever.
I also just sold my C50 to a nice gentleman that wanted a midsize cruiser with zero issues.
The vtx 1300 is not a fast or quick bike. However, it has tons of power for 2-up riding.
Yes, they are torque monsters, not speed burners. If you need speed, get a CBR or a Busa.

·
Super Moderator
12,178 Posts
Or a Goldwing :)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts