Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, and let me just say I am not a mechanic. I am originally a street bike rider. So I hope this is not a crazy question. Can the drive shaft be upgraded on my 06 vtx 1300 r ?

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
How, or to what? Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

Reactions: Wigit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you need the drive shaft turbo expander. Guaranteed to triple the top speed and quadruple the mpg.
Ok so there is a way to upgrade. Im sorry for my lack of knowledge but again I am a street bike guy. Is there a website I can got to, to learn more?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what thats 2 people saying it can't be done, and 1 say it can. Prkuehn sounds like you got the hot info

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow good one prkuehn. I guess u missed the warning of me not being a mechanic and a street bike guy

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
We sometimes jest, and sarcasm runs rampant here. Forgive us.

·
Super Moderator
10,199 Posts
Nothing is impossible but you would spend more eliminating the driveshaft than you would buying a used street bike. Your VTX1300 is a cruiser. It will never be a high speed race bike and will never be a touring bike. At best, you can tweak the performance a little via rejetting the carb but that is more for smoothness, easy starts without using the choke, and fuel economy than it is for power. If you want a race bike, you will have to buy a race bike. Meanwhile, enjoy what the VTX1300 has to offer.

Reactions: evets and PaXman11

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys for all your input....and the jokes lol. Looks like I'm going to concentrate on the cosmetics and big rims

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok so there is a way to upgrade. Im sorry for my lack of knowledge but again I am a street bike guy. Is there a website I can got to, to learn more?
You made it to the website to learn a lot about the VTX bikes. Both the 1300 and 1800 offer comfortable rides. The 1800 is by far the power beast and might be more of what you are looking for. I think far too many people try to make them into something they were never intended to be. If you want a rocket, a street bike is much more likely to satisfy a need for speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts