Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,619 Posts
The T is an anti-siphon feature. There is supposed to be another foot or so of hose from the straight portion of the T and this last foot sticks down below the bike. The side portion of the T is (I think but am not 100% certain) supposed to have a short (~6 inch long) hose on it that just lays in the bike in the area below the battery compartment and has an open end. In the unlikely event that you began to get a siphoning action of fuel from the tank vent nipple out the bottom of the hose, this short side leg is supposed to break up and stop the siphoning action.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So If i put New rubber hose from tank to this T and this hose what i have to end under bike.? So like a 1 long hose from tank to under bike....

·
Super Moderator
9,619 Posts
Sorry, I do not understand your question. Try asking again with a different explanation/description or maybe this will help.

The proper vent line configuration is a rubber hose from tank vent nipple at back left of tank down for about 18 inches (probably less) to a hard plastic T fitting. From the continuing straight leg of this tee, there is another rubber hose about 18 inches long (probably less) that hangs down below bike near the coolant overflow tank. To the 90 degree leg of the T fitting, a third rubber hose about 6 inches long is attached and the other end of this 6" rubber hose is attached to nothing. It is just left laying in the area near the battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay. Understand. I have only that hose left. Others is missing. I try to find them. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,619 Posts
Yes, your drawing is exactly correct. Well, maybe not "exactly" correct since I am just guessing about the hose lengths. You can buy hose that will work for this at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My only problem was that short hose witch end somewhere in the battery box. Why from the T must be a short hose ending novewhere.

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
My only problem was that short hose witch end somewhere in the battery box. Why from the T must be a short hose ending novewhere.
There doesn't necessarily NEED to be one but a short piece of hose would help to keep any dirt from getting sucked up and into the tank as it would settle out inside that piece of hose before it could make it into the tank. Air is constantly getting drawn up that hose and into the tank to prevent a vacuum lock inside the tank that could and would cause the engine to run out of gas and die. Also, if you live in California or any other states that have strict emissions laws, air would also have to run out of the tank and through this hose when filling the tank as the nozzle creates a seal when filling the tank although most of the vapor would get drawn into the vapor recovery system in the fueling hose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts