Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I was made an offer I couldn’t pass up for a Harley Davidson softail windshield with Harley mounting hardware attached for $20. Since it was so cheap I decided I would buy it and try to make it work or sell it and make some money. My problem is that 1. I can’t seem to find any info if this windshield will work on my motorcycle. 2. I can’t find any universal mounting clamps for my 56mm forks. and 3. I’m not sure if regular clamp mounts for windshields will work such as Memphis shades mounting clamps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, Is your VTX a 1300 or an 1800? I'm not sure if the shield can be made to fit or not but, FYI, I have a brand new (took off my 1800 T within 50 miles) that will fit the 1800 models T, S and N. $100 plus shipping if your interested. Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sold the bike and now have a Goldwing. Used a Memphis Shades Batwing fairing when I took it off. It's the OEM shield. Can send you a couple of pics if interested. Steve

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,117 Posts
Most windshields are universal . My tsukayu 3 space has the same spacing as a Hardley

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sold the bike and now have a Goldwing. Used a Memphis Shades Batwing fairing when I took it off. It's the OEM shield. Can send you a couple of pics if interested. Steve
I appreciate the offer, but I don’t think they are compatible. I recently came across one on Facebook marketplace that was also for an 1800 but the fork coverings were completely different so the mounting hardware wouldn’t be compatible. From what I understand, the forks with coverings are 65mm in diameter and without fork covers they’re something like 46mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the offer, but I don’t think they are compatible. I recently came across one on Facebook marketplace that was also for an 1800 but the fork coverings were completely different so the mounting hardware wouldn’t be compatible. From what I understand, the forks with coverings are 65mm in diameter and without fork covers they’re something like 46mm.
*56mm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts