Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just joined. I ride a VTX 1800..
I have a question and maybe ya'll can help.
A lot of heavy vibration in the front of my bike. Worse when I'm turning the bike to the left. Air pressure is fine but feels like the the front end is about to vibrate off.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
Hello,
A lot of heavy vibration in the front of my bike. Worse when I'm turning the bike to the left. Air pressure is fine but feels like the the front end is about to vibrate off.
Hello there! What model do you have? Check the tires for cupping, which will cause vibrations. Also look for broken belts. I had both those whammies on the same tire and that made for an interesting sphincter tightening experience!

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
Hello,
It's a shaft drive, make sure you aren't in too low a gear that it seems like you are "lugging" the engine. These things like the revs, even with a 5400-5500 rev limiter. Don't go by what the manual says for tire pressures- start at 40 psi and adjust + or - a lb. or so from there. It's also supposed to sound like a sewing machine. Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. Whats your location?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts