Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

VTX 1800f Spec 3

3K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  WSL91 
#1 ·
Hello I just bought a 1800F spec 3. Any advise for things to upgrade and things to stay away from:choppersm

#13 ·
Hello I just bought a 1800F spec 3. Any advise for things to upgrade and things to stay away from:choppersm
You might want to stay away from some of these dudes on here that will talk you into spending money on stuff you didn't really know you needed until they told you that you did... A Chromed Lunchbox, a Lowered Lazyboy recliner, a Flamed toilet seat cover with a Darksider's decal on it, a new Black Bathrobe ('cause its the fastest color)....ect, ect, ect... are just some of the crap I got talked into buying....

Well anyway... Welcome to The Cafe from sunny Shelby, NC (The Livermush Capital of the Free World)

Ride Safe

Spoiler

:patriot:

#15 ·
First off welcome from OHIO.Spoiler tell me how to get one of those lunch boxes.
But if and when you bob the tail and relocate your plate there is a mother bored under the light you will
half to cut the plate light off flush and put a backer in and a chrome blank in its place.
NEW blinkers at the same time.

#16 ·
I'm new here too and have a VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - I'll attach pic after 5 posts per terms of service. Has a single Corbin seat and Big Shot exhaust. Also has Dyno Power Commander fuel injection tuner.

Greetings from Northern KY!

#19 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

The "nooncheez" story is pretty weird and kind of an in-joke. On our way to a cookout our son (7 at the time) asked what "noon" meant in between all the talk of cheeseburgers. After pondering the the explanation for a few he uttered "noon is cheeeeeeese." Don't ask why but I laughed my azz off for a while after that and the name stuck as an internet handle.

Told ya it was weird! :mosh:

#20 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

The "nooncheez" story is pretty weird and kind of an in-joke. On our way to a cookout our son (7 at the time) asked what "noon" meant in between all the talk of cheeseburgers. After pondering the the explanation for a few he uttered "noon is cheeeeeeese." Don't ask why but I laughed my azz off for a while after that and the name stuck as an internet handle.

Told ya it was weird! :mosh:

Okay then, when kids are involved... anything can happen.... :patriot:

#26 ·
Welcome to the Cafe from Central Florida.

I recommend prioritizing your upgrades/mods. Major points are cost effectiveness (bang for buck), time you have to work on things, if you're after comfort, cosmetics, or performance, etc.

Once you nail some of those topics down, what's next comes much easier :)

Mort

#27 ·
I'm new here too and have a VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - I'll attach pic after 5 posts per terms of service. Has a single Corbin seat and Big Shot exhaust. Also has Dyno Power Commander fuel injection tuner.

Greetings from Northern KY!
welcome to the cafe:coffee: things to upgrade, depends on what your needs/wants and also how deep pockets are, once you get past the needs. it's really a matter of choice, as mentioned, check or think about your priorities. :mosh: when all else fails, if you like it, you get it and it works for you, hey, it works for you. welcome!!! :choppersm

hey cheeze, looking at your avatar, i thought the name came from something else. sure, sure i know, parents always blame the kids, then they smile!!! welcome!!! :D

as mentioned, keep your wallets closed and credit cards hidden!!!:eek: :icon_susp

#28 ·
Welcome from Idaho....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.