Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Canada.
Well, outside of engine guards, three option for hiway mounts (specific to bike) are:
- Rivco: http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=79&cat=108&page=1
- MC: http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/products/search/dsp_searchForm.cfm (part #353)
- Kuryakyn http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=metric&cn=Footpegs&sn=Highway+Pegs (part 4540)

I'm leaning toward Rivco (with possible peg extension - considering position options) or MC. Has anyone installed these ? If so, how do they feel ?
Thanks much.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have been looking at these myself. My cousin has them on his 1300 retro and he really likes them. He lived in Texas for several years and all the aluminum and chrome is pitted very bad except for his cruise mounts. Must be be well made. He has been using them for a few years now.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I'm going to take the leap on Rivco's upon them replying to my inquiry that they'll be ok with V&H Bigshots.

(Nice bike you have there.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the kury's... Im 5'11'' and its hard to reach them comfortably... Im curious to see if there are some extesions I could install so I could actually use them. They came already installed on the bike when I bought it... the look is nice, just wish I could reach them comfortably...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Wesky, let me know what you find out. I have an '06 R and would be interested in doing the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Rivco's reply to fitting with V&H Bigshots (from Stephanie):
"From my understanding our parts will work with aftermarket pipes. However we do have a return policy if they do not fit, you can return them with in 15 days of the purchase with no restocking fee as long as the parts are in resellable condition with no damage what so ever. The only thing that we will not cover is the shipping to and from you. ... "
I've ordered the mounts, with pegs shown, plus the 2" peg extensions just in case. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

·
Wanderer in training
5,307 Posts
thanks guys, getting ready for a long trip and may have found exactly what I need with the post from Guyute. Isn't this site great?

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hey Wesky...after you install those Rivco's, can you post some pics so we can see what they look like. They should look great with the R's floorboards.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hey Wesky...did you ever order those pegs...how are they....any pics?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Absolutely. I have installed the Rivco passenger boards, with extensions, and they went in smooth and look great. I plan to put on hiway pegs this weekend, then will post pics of both.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Absolutely. I have installed the Rivco passenger boards, with extensions, and they went in smooth and look great. I plan to put on hiway pegs this weekend, then will post pics of both.
Cool...appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts