Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking up a wrecked 2006 VTX 1300c
and would like to see if I can find a decent fuel tank to replace the dented/scratched one.

would prefer Orange (stock)
but would be interested in any color. or even aftermarket tanks

let me know what you've got
Russ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a thought if this is going to be a salvage title you may not want it. Loses value and hard to insure too.
the loss in value is the only reason I would be picking it up

and with the value low,
and very little vested in the bike, no need to have replacement insurance :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
I love savage vehicles I drive 2 all my kids have them, my mom,sister and friends...Good luck with your project. I just put my vtx together last fall..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure what they are going for on ebay... but I've been hunting a new one for mine... tank has couple of dings in it from prev owner....

I found this one on a honda parts site for reference/comparision vs ebay
SKU: 17520-MEM-680ZG
TANK SET, FUEL *YR236M* (WL) (Honda Code 7995814) (JUPITER ORANGE METALLIC) Jupiter orange metallic YR236M;1$791.70

Anyone ever heard of one of those dent wizard places being able to work out couple of small to med dents on a motorcycle tank? I know they can take out pretty good sized all out DENTS on cars.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you cant find a tank....and the old just has some dents...Box it up and send it to me with a pint of dupont cromabase color that matches I will fix and paint for 150 bucks if i dont have to mess with the postage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts