Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Name it Red Horse, Red Horse was a Lakota Sioux chief who fought at the Little bighorn
Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep different fairings there is a lot of open air space in mine. Uncle has trumpet style air horn on his highway bars. Definitely gets attention. Something like that might work for you.
I had 2 air horns on my VTX but I got a smaller more contained unit from Nautilus the Stebel easily found on Amazon. Going to see if there is some room in the fairing after having seem some vids on YT of disassembly and changing the headlight and riding lights. Maybe I can squeeze it in there.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,456 Posts
Nice ride! I love the brown seat on these Indians. Ok, that just sounded wrong. Lol
Does it have the electric adjustable shield?
Saw that today when I was at the Indian dealer.
Looks like all that hardware takes up a lot of space in fairing but it's an interesting idea.

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Saw that today when I was at the Indian dealer. Looks like all that hardware takes up a lot of space in fairing but it's an interesting idea.
Nice ride! I love the brown seat on these Indians. Ok, that just sounded wrong. Lol Does it have the electric adjustable shield?
Yes it has the adjustable windshield. Had it out the last couple evenings to do some parking lot practice. Maybe take it out for a night ride to see how the lights are, too. Handles pretty decent for a heavy bike. It's not much longer than my VTX was. Just heavier and a little taller. Had been practicing with my VTX the clutch, throttle rear break combo for low speed maneuvering and getting good at it with that one. Now to relearn on a new one and so far it's been pretty good with cone weaves and U-turns. Looking to get it out and about as things open up. I'd like to go to Gettysburg and check that out one of these days. I also found there is a air horn maker that makes them for installation on Indians, too. They are a bit pricey, just like everything else for an Indian haha. Got the fuse block on the way so I can get some of my stuff put on it hopefully including the horn wherever I can find room to mount it. There's a nice compartment though on the top of the frame just under the gas tank to run wires it looks like too. Looking to get everything in at the same time so I can do everything while it's apart.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts