Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Final update...I guess. Put the bike on the road every afternoon this week. Bike fires right up. Runs smooth... approaching 200 miles since my initial fire up. Haven’t found any real kinks with the bike. There are a few little annoyances. Deceleration back firing.... is the worst. Bike has a gasoline odor of raw gas...but can’t find a leak.
Maybe your air fuel mixture. Too much fuel sounds like, that's why it backfires I think. Have had that happen on my bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Maybe your air fuel mixture. Too much fuel sounds like, that's why it backfires I think. Have had that happen on my bike.
I have put hotter plugs in the bike and that took about 90% of the deceleration popping out. I have a PCIII, I have never used... I may put it on the bike. We will see how it runs after I put a thousand mikes in it.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
I have put hotter plugs in the bike and that took about 90% of the deceleration popping out. I have a PCIII, I have never used... I may put it on the bike. We will see how it runs after I put a thousand mikes in it.
If you put the PCIII on, try this setting as a baseline for ridding the de-cel popping: 2,0,0 with the low range being the 2, to richen the bottom end that I've read is a good start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If you put the PCIII on, try this setting as a baseline for ridding the de-cel popping: 2,0,0 with the low range being the 2, to richen the bottom end that I've read is a good start.
Thanks for the input. I suspect I WILL be putting the PC on.It seems a shame to have it and not use it.😏

Thanks

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Thanks for the input. I suspect I WILL be putting the PC on.It seems a shame to have it and not use it.😏

Thanks
Just solder the wiring, don't use the vampire clips. They will eventually cut through causing you all kind of problems.

Reactions: Landisil
41 - 46 of 46 Posts