Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few months, I've added some 32L hard bags from Champion and a Memphis Batwing Fairing. Had them both painted to match my stock blue paing, and I'm real pleased with how everything turned out!

·
Ol'man with a bike
701 Posts
I agree! looks really good. Nice job.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! I'm considering a Tsukayu Touring trunk, now that the wife and I have have switched to full face helmets. Can't fit them in my side bags like the skid lids and don't always feel comfortable with leaving one on the sissy bar and the other on the seat. I like the look of the Tsukayu over the Champion trunk, but have been real pleased with Champion side bags.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Memphis fats windshield on my 2004 VTX 1300s and want to replace it with the Memphis Shades Bat wing. Do I need to buy the mounting hardware or will the hardware I have fit the Bat wing.

Dan

·
aka The Rev
1,854 Posts
I believe the mounting hardware is the same.

Good looking bike Wiseguy.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I have a Memphis fats windshield on my 2004 VTX 1300s and want to replace it with the Memphis Shades Bat wing. Do I need to buy the mounting hardware or will the hardware I have fit the Bat wing.

Dan
Yes you'll need the hardware, the brackets that go on the batwing are different than the on the windshield. The portion that mounts on the forks will work but you can't get 1/2 a set.

·
9,160 Posts
Good job, thanks for sharing. :cheers:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just ordered a Batwing ,they are having a Promo according to my Honda shop, like 350.00 for the fairing, mount , lowers, W/S, Chrome trim, but does not include the 3 bag w/s attachment . My quest. is if there will be an install problem since l have the Barron 4in risers on my 1300R.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Just ordered a Batwing ,they are having a Promo according to my Honda shop, like 350.00 for the fairing, mount , lowers, W/S, Chrome trim, but does not include the 3 bag w/s attachment . My quest. is if there will be an install problem since l have the Barron 4in risers on my 1300R.
There should be no problem I have Rivco 4" risers on mine and it went right on. Many of the members use different risers and I've never seen a problem mounting fairings or windshields.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts